Most mixed martial arts fighters don’t worry about brain damage.
- What The Heck is Going On at the Sweetwater Union High School District?
- Did you get Jack'd?
- Sex trafficking suspect arrested then released from Tijuana jail
- Lynn Willard: Talkin' with the Master
- Is it OK to eat at cultish places?
- The Hiring of a Sweetwater Superintendent
- Coleman University to Close San Marcos Campus
- The Master meets his Mistress.
- Duncan Moore Presents: Drum Summit 2012, Sept.16 @ Tango Del Rey
- Tijuana Police: 389 Alleged drug dealers arrested in August
- Biggest Prop 30 tax burden would fall on wealthiest 1%
- San Diego County residents put their money on Mitt Romney
- Humphreys Grill at the Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
- The Inquisitive Tongue: Nanette Wiser's Good Dish
- High-profile Coronado plastic surgeon draws yet another complaint from California Medical Board
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Fall yoga teacher training
- Saint Archer lands big brewing talent
- Foreclosure rates continue to fall across county
- San Diego Music Thing
- Breakfast at Kensington Cafe
- Your Week: September 13-19
- "Papa Doug" Wants Positive News, Business Cheerleading at NC Times
- Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan
- Law enforcement agencies team up for Search and Rescue dog training exercises
- Felon used stolen truck to assault peace officer
News & Stories
A female moped rider was critically injured on Wednesday afternoon, September 12, in Point Loma. The woman, reportedly in her 20s, was "heading east on Coronado Avenue when she ran a stop sign at Catalina ...
Bassist Mark Dresser continues to gig in Europe and the East Coast rather than home in San Diego at a 10-1 ratio.
Ed Bedford ducks into the Egyptian Tea Room for a bite just before it changes hands.
Omakase: patrons sit down at the sushi counter, and the chef working it goes to town presenting dishes of his or her choosing, amped to share these items with anyone willing to put themselves into ...
Moonface started out as a lo-fi solo project by Spencer Krug in what little time off he had from his other bands, Wolf Parade, Sunset Rubdown, and Swan Lake (among others). To show how seriously ...
Interview with Manuok’s Scott Mercado, whose résumé includes recording/touring stints with Black Heart Procession, the Album Leaf, Tristeza, Mr. Tube and the Flying Objects, and Ilya.
There’s no room for shoulder angels at Seven Grand. They already had their share. They’re afraid of the tartan carpet and the dark wood paneling. They panic at the sight of the wall of whiskey. ...
"Isn’t it nice here?” “It’s beautiful,” I said to my friend Jen. I made a sweeping glance of the restaurant’s patio, taking in the coral bougainvillea blossoms, the green leaves cascading from the trellis, and ...
Singer/songwriter Scott Wilson is building an online archive covering three decades’ worth of music.
Shoegaze, done loud. Ringo Deathstarr falls into the sub-grouping of rock bands that have learned a valuable lesson from forbears such as My Bloody Valentine: play your music loud enough and people will think you ...
Thursday 13Listen to the music, wo oh oh. Bay Area boogie-rock band the Doobie Brothers will be takin’ it to the streets of Harbor Island when they play Humphreys by the Bay tonight. Behind founding ...
Lawton Ferreira has been over 200 miles per hour on public highways and never gotten a ticket.
Blogger Rachel Schumont quits her job as public defender and begins yoga teacher training.
Hi Matt:Recently I was gobsmacked by two ideas so obvious that they must be wrong...I mean, since nobody’s using them. First, I thought of wind turbines in electric cars. Propelling the car would run air ...
The 2012 San Diego Senior Games are now under way. Games will continue through the month of September. On Sunday, September 9, the Chula Vista Elks Lodge hosted three tournaments: bocce ball, “cornhole,” and ladder ...
Qualcomm vice chairman Steve Altman has kicked in for the cause of San Diego State University basketball by picking up a travel tab for head coach Steve Fisher. According to an undated disclosure statement posted ...
Shortly before 2.00 a.m. on September 6, Brian Wayne Conner, a 36-year-old paraplegic who had no legs due to a war injury, was badly injured while riding his skateboard and attempting to hang onto the ...
Irwin Jacobs goes Republican hunting Who are San Diego’s heaviest super PAC hitters this election season? Of course, first place must go to Qualcomm founder and La Jolla billionaire Irwin Jacobs, with his cool $2 ...
What a difference a year can make. Last August, La Jolla–based GOP political consultant Bob Schuman had a big winner on his hands in the form of a freshly minted presidential super PAC, Americans for ...
When Poway Youth Rugby coach Phil Calio explains how he teaches the “cheek to cheek” technique, he’s only talking about tackling. “What we teach the kids,” he tells me, “is to attack right at the ...
San Diego can hardly afford to plop $750 million or more into a subsidized football stadium for the Chargers. But increasingly, even opponents fear it may be inevitable. Former councilmember Bruce Henderson, a longtime battler ...
I Study Life This is a response to your article “Scan Diego?” (August 30). Please afford me the right to defend my reputation by publishing this response. I hope your article does not interfere with ...
In Praise of a Gold and Silver Painted Scene of the Buddha Manifestation in the Pure Land of the West, with a Preface Looking toward the west where the sun sinks away, Behold afar that ...
and a family of two is exploring the Student Union. Dad is all decked out in the shirt she bought with her own money. Joyce is wearing snug cut-offs and her freshman breasts stir as ...