San Diego County residents put their money on Mitt Romney
If Mitt Romney decides to sell his beach house in La Jolla in favor of another community then Carlsbad should be at the top of his list.
Residents there have given the former Governor and GOP nominee some serious financial support since beginning his campaign.
To date, residents of Carlsbad contributed $107,828 to the Republican candidate, more than $64,000 than President Obama raised in that city during the same period.
Campaign finance reports show that Romney had the fundraising edge in most all cities in San Diego County.
Not counting the City of San Diego, the GOP candidate raised $596,670 in San Diego county while Obama managed to collect $473,829 -- $122,841 less than his opponent.
Romney outraised Obama in Coronado by $16,000; in Encinitas by $10,989, $18,100 in Escondido, and $13,903 in La Mesa.
But San Diego County was not a total wash for the President. Denizens of the posh city of Del Mar gave Obama $111,076 for the upcoming election, more than in any other city besides San Diego. At the same time Del Mar residents didn't completely write off Romney. They donated a total of $72,300 to his campaign.
In Solana Beach, contributions were nearly even with $34,575 going to Obama and $30,625 taken in by the Romney camp.
Obama also raised more funds than Romney in smaller, unincorporated parts of the county including Spring Valley where he raised $7,405 more than his opponent, and in Pine Valley.
Factoring in donations from residents of San Diego so far Romney has raised $1,867,727 while Obama has collected a total of $1,514,047 in campaign contributions.
More like this:
- Presidential contributions split along urban and suburban zip codes — Sept. 11, 2012
- San Diego and soft money: County residents donate more than $4 million to Obama and Romney Super PACs — Aug. 31, 2012
- Candidates Running Without Opponents Give Campaign Cash to Political Parties — May 29, 2012
- San Diegans Give Big to Romney Super PAC but Not to Obama's — May 8, 2012
- City Attorney Jan Goldsmith's Campaign Committee Donates $25,000 to Romney Super PAC — May 1, 2012