Jay Allen Sanford 8 a.m., Dec. 13
San Diego Theater Scene
You may also narrow your search by neighborhood, keyword, or date.
Jump to a venue:
- 530 Broadway, Downtown San Diego
- The Dinner Detective Interactive Murder Mystery Show (through December 22, 2018)
- 4126 Executive Drive, La Jolla
- Disney's Newsies Jr. (starts January 12, 2019)
- 5300 Grand Del Mar Court, Carmel Valley
- 10th Annual Nutcracker Holiday Tea (starts December 23, 2018)
- 444 Fourth Avenue, Downtown San Diego
- Miracle on 34th Street: A Live Musical Radio Play (through December 23, 2018)
- 1142 Orange Avenue, Coronado
- Lamb's Players Festival of Christmas (through December 30, 2018)
- 5915 Severin Drive, La Mesa
- Weighing In: A One-Woman Show (through January 13, 2019)
- 849 W. Harbor Drive, Downtown San Diego
- Who Dunnit? Seaport Village (through December 31, 2018)
- 121 Broadway, Downtown San Diego
- City Ballet of San Diego: The Nutcracker (through December 23, 2018)
- 217 N. Coast Highway, Oceanside
- A Christmas Carol, A Radio Play (through December 23, 2018)
Doug’s ghost practically taunts Mike with forgiveness
Clint Black, country music star, produced his sixth studio album in 1995. Looking for Christmas explores the feelings the holidays generate, from standing “Under the Mistletoe,” to the wise, self-deprecating, “Slow as Christmas”: “Every Christmas ...
Nora and Torvald end up on the bare wooden floor.
Lucas Hnath’s A Doll’s House, Part 2 begins where Henrik Ibsen’s masterpiece A Doll’s House ends. After 15 years on her own in the world, Nora Helmer returns to the door she slammed on her ...
By comparison, happiness looks like a sweaty pig.
Act one, scene two, of Hamlet begins with jubilation. King Claudius and Queen Gertrude celebrate their marriage. Rhinish wine spills from gleaming goblets. Bright colors swirl around the stage. Over in a corner — usually ...
Drood became the first Broadway musical using audience participation for the ending.
Young Charles Dickens worked as a law clerk. He delivered documents and ran errands and was bored beyond tears. He wanted to be a court stenographer – record an entire trial verbatim – but it ...
“Actually is about rape, but also The Title IX system which some accuse of making snap judgements.”
A friend compares history – i.e. what actually happened – to the Big Bang. He’s studied the JFK assassination for decades and says he can put three shooters in position: one in the Book Depository, ...
It’s always been a pretty dysfunctional parent-child relationship
I arrived at the theater dressed in my usual inconspicuous black dress pants, simple blouse, and low heels, only to realize immediately that I hadn’t gotten the memo. Among all the red and sparkles, I ...
The onslaught of crassness, exploitation, and greed is relentless.
They can’t completely ruin Christmas — the commercialization, the gaudy lights, the atrocious, omnipresent, fake-happy “holiday” music that is the very antithesis of holy (it’s just “day” music if you think about it). Then the ...
Miracle makes a strong case for the importance of the myth of Santa
What interests me most about Miracle on 34th Street is the way it juxtaposes belief in Santa Claus against common sense and practical thinking while expounding upon the Santa Claus archetype. Over the past six ...