The Canyoneers 12:30 p.m., Jan. 17
San Diego Theater Scene
You may also narrow your search by neighborhood, keyword, or date.
Jump to a venue:
- 5951 Village Center Loop Road, Carmel Valley
- Mystifique Theater: a Macabre Masquerade
- 4545 Park Boulevard, University Heights
- Cardboard Piano (starts February 3, 2018)
- 618 Fifth Avenue, Downtown San Diego
- Who Dunnit?! Gaslamp Quarter (through January 31, 2018)
- 6811 La Jolla Boulevard, La Jolla
- Open Up: Staged Readings (starts January 28, 2018)
- 9500 Gilman Drive, UCSD
- A Raisin in the Sun (starts February 7, 2018)
- 1200 Vale Terrace, Vista
- Daebreon Poiema: The Reason Why I Sing
- 6663 El Cajon Boulevard, Suite N, Rolando
- Bliss (or, Emily Post Is Dead) (starts February 3, 2018)
- 1100 Third Avenue, Downtown San Diego
- Hamilton, The Musical (through January 28, 2018)
- Les Miserables (starts May 29, 2018)
- Love Never Dies (starts March 27, 2018)
- On Your Feet (starts July 31, 2018)
- Phantom Of The Opera (starts August 23, 2018)
- School Of Rock: The Musical (starts June 12, 2018)
- The King And I (starts June 26, 2018)
- 1650 El Prado #208, Balboa Park
- Magic Tree House: Pirates Past Noon Kids (through January 21, 2018)
- 9783 Avenue of Nations, Scripps Ranch
- Outside Mullingar (through February 19, 2018)
- 1363 Old Globe Way, Balboa Park
- Uncle Vanya (starts February 15, 2018)
- 930 Tenth Avenue, East Village
- The Color of Light (through February 3, 2018)
Faster and deeper
Art can alter life, literally. In 2015, the Treasury Department planned to take Alexander Hamilton’s portrait off the ten-dollar bill. The indefatigable Founding Father was too controversial (he came close to advocating dictatorship and a ...
Hamilton, the Musical is coming! Hamilton is almost here! Beginning January 9, and ending January 28, the most decorated Broadway show in eons will run at the San Diego Civic Theatre. Lin-Manuel Miranda, genius, based ...
Summer — disco in a jiff
"Toot, ahhhhh, beep-beep... Toot-toot, ahhhhh, beep-beep.” People of a certain age will recognize Donna Summer’s “Bad Girls” from its first few notes. These may also conjure visions of glitter balls and strobe effects — timed ...
Autistics lack internal brain map
InnerMission Theatres’ starkly realistic, deeply moving production of Deanna Jent’s Falling closes this Saturday. It deserves a much longer run. About halfway into the 80-minute piece, teenaged Lisa Martin tells her mother, Tami, she wants ...
Tarrytown in University Heights
I like that Ichabod Crane believes in ghosts. Tom Zohar plays Ichabod in Backyard Renaissance Theatre Company’s debut production of Adam Wachter’s Tarrytown — with Katrina (Kay Marian McNellen) and Brom (Bryan Branville) similarly borrowed ...
The dark, unlovely picture painted by this play
We get the conceit of Santa’s eight reindeer from the reindeer husbandry practiced by the indigenous people of Fennoscandia. In Siberia, the locals shave curlicues of meat from frozen reindeer steaks, which they eat raw ...
The "I don't know bro" of all things
When I see a title which includes “metaphysical musical” I’m expecting souls connecting on the astral plane based on the residue of previous lives which then stains future iterations of the same souls. You might ...