8:30 a.m., Sept. 24
San Diego Theater Scene
You may also narrow your search by neighborhood, keyword, or date.
Jump to a venue:
- 3150 Rosecrans Place, Point Loma
- Twelfth Night Open Reading
- 3795 Fairmount Avenue, City Heights
- American Carnage: A Love Story (starts November 10, 2017)
- 4545 Park Boulevard, University Heights
- Homos, or Everyone in America (through October 15, 2017)
- 201 E. Douglas Avenue, El Cajon
- Globe for All: Shakespeare's Twelfth Night Workshop
- 618 Fifth Avenue, Downtown San Diego
- Who Dunnit?! Gaslamp Quarter (through January 31, 2018)
- 444 Fourth Avenue, Downtown San Diego
- Father Comes Home From the Wars (starts September 30, 2017)
- 3704 Sixth Avenue, Hillcrest
- Double Dare: The Gun Show and Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll (starts October 14, 2017)
- 7250 Mesa College Drive, Mesa College
- Speak Spanish to Me (starts September 29, 2017)
- 1200 Vale Terrace, Vista
- In the Heights (through September 30, 2017)
- 2031 El Cajon Boulevard, North Park
- North Park Playwright Festival (starts October 6, 2017)
- 1363 Old Globe Way, Balboa Park
- 16th Annual Celebrity Sonnets at the Old Globe Theatre
- Benny & Joon (through October 22, 2017)
- The Absolute Brightness of Leonard Pelkey (starts October 5, 2017)
- 79 Horton Plaza, Downtown San Diego
- Roz and Ray (through October 1, 2017)
- 8800 Grossmont College Drive, El Cajon
- Love, Sex, and the IRS (starts October 5, 2017)
- 930 Tenth Avenue, East Village
- Not About Heroes (through September 26, 2017)
- 8860 Lawrence Welk Drive, Escondido
- Kiss of the Spider Woman (through October 22, 2017)
Auditions listed below. You can narrow your search by neighborhood, keyword, or date.
Jump to a venue:
Defector from the North, goose father from the South
Much of Hansol Jung’s Wild Goose Dreams takes place in a cyberspace Babel. Throngs of voices, mantras of zeroes and ones, and pop-up ads scream for attention, pinball off each other, and drift away. If ...
Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds — always popular with teenagers
Mr. Goodman and his colleagues at the local high school are convinced Beatrice Hunsdorfer is insane. Every time she calls the school, she’s either too syrupy-calm or tongue-ablaze raving. Does she love her daughters — ...
Grantham Coleman flaps his arms chicken-wing, he bobble-heads
You could say that Shakespeare’s Hamlet wakes up in the ultimate actor’s nightmare. He’s thrust onstage with no training. He’ll perform without rehearsals, or even peeking at the text. He must find out the play ...
This family all kills
Mat Smart’s Kill Local opens way up in a high-rise either under construction or in development-limbo. Yellow “Caution” tape demarcates where windows will be, or should have been. Same with a ladder and orange wheelbarrow ...
Ken Ludwig's Robin Hood shows friendly little warp
It’s difficult to characterize Ken Ludwig’s Robin Hood, now in its world premiere at the Old Globe. It isn’t the 1938 swashbuckling movie, The Adventures of Robin Hood, where elongated shadows of Errol Flynn and ...
Gamma Rays at Cygnet Theatre
On account of inexcusable ignorance, I initially thought that Cygnet Theatre had produced a contemporary drama with Paul Zindel’s The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds. To my ear, the title fit a short ...
Avenue Q at the OB Playhouse
Avenue Q brings its irreverent version of Sesame Street to the OB Playhouse through September 17th. Written by Robert Lopez and Jeff Marx way back in 2002, the bawdy puppets still feel fresh and timely. ...