The Canyoneers 10 a.m., May 24
San Diego Theater Scene
You may also narrow your search by neighborhood, keyword, or date.
Jump to a venue:
- 4545 Park Boulevard, University Heights
- Ballast (through June 4, 2017)
- Gidion's Knot (through June 10, 2017)
- The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe (starts June 22, 2017)
- Withering Heights (starts June 11, 2017)
- 4343 Ocean View Boulevard, Mountain View
- Blacktop Sky (starts June 10, 2017)
- 444 Fourth Avenue, Downtown San Diego
- Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story (starts June 4, 2017)
- 6611 University Avenue, Rolando
- Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (through May 28, 2017)
- 5915 Severin Drive, La Mesa
- They're Playing Our Song (through June 4, 2017)
- 79 Horton Plaza, Downtown San Diego
- JFest 2017: Hershey Felder and Friends: The Stories of Sholem Aleichem and More
- JFest 2017: Imagine Dead Imagine (starts June 7, 2017)
- 4070 Jackdaw Street, Mission Hills
- Disney's Beauty and the Beast Jr. (starts June 2, 2017)
- 4944 Newport Avenue, Ocean Beach
- I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change (starts June 2, 2017)
- 10751 Westview Parkway, Mira Mesa
- SD Fringe Festival: Out to Lunch (starts June 23, 2017)
- 116 S. Kalmia Street, None
- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (through May 28, 2017)
- 1775 Dove Lane, Carlsbad
- The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds
- 1363 Old Globe Way, Balboa Park
- The Old Man and the Old Moon (through June 18, 2017)
- 600 North Santa Fe Avenue, Vista
- Seussical Jr. (starts June 1, 2017)
Auditions listed below. You can narrow your search by neighborhood, keyword, or date.
Jump to a venue:
Harvard Observatory at Lamb's Players
Sean Fanning has done it again. The Designer of the Year for 2016 converted Lamb’s Players’ stage into the Harvard Observatory. Laura Gunderson’s Silent Sky begins early in the 20th Century. Harvard has the state-of-the-art ...
Stop the bandits
If Tres Camarones (“three shrimp”) actually existed, the small fishing village would be about 35 miles south of Mazatlan on the Gulf of California. According to Into the Beautiful North — Karen Zacharias’s new play ...
Old Globe’s Red Velvet has one strong scene
Lolita Chakrabarti wrote a mediocre play about an important subject. The Old Globe Theatre’s puzzling, under-rehearsed opening night was no help. There are great reasons why our Calvin Manson named his company the Ira Aldridge ...
From wide-eyed dreams to unthinkable terrors
Last call Backyard Renaissance’s fine production of Beth Henley’s Abundance must close this Sunday. The play begins in the late 1860s. Bess and Macon, mail order brides, come to the wild Wyoming Territory to wed ...
Cygnet puts the loco in locomotive
Theatrical wizard David Belasco (1853–1931) was a major link between 19th- and 20th-century theater. Instead of deep-fried, scenery-chomping acting, he demanded a more naturalistic style and detailed sets famous for their “tidiness.” He banished footlights ...
Who says kids are too checked out to sit through an entire play without Snapchatting something?
In no particular order, here are five things that struck me at closing night of UCSD’s 2017 Muir Musical, Spring Awakening: One, I didn’t see a lot of cell phones flashing in the darkness, which ...
Taken from South Africa to be displayed as a human freak show in England
It’s not every day you get an off-the-cuff reference to the Hottentot Venus, but there it is, casually worked into the dialogue during the first-half of Red Velvet at the Old Globe. One of the ...
A true artist at the heart of every hack
I cynically spent the entirety of Laura Eason’s Sex with Strangers, which played last month at San Diego Rep, awaiting the other shoe. It never dropped. Ethan (Connor Sullivan) blogged about picking up girls in ...