Jay Allen Sanford 11:30 a.m., Oct. 18
San Diego Theater Scene
You may also narrow your search by neighborhood, keyword, or date.
Jump to a venue:
- 530 Broadway, Downtown San Diego
- The Dinner Detective Interactive Murder Mystery Show (through December 22, 2018)
- 4126 Executive Drive, La Jolla
- Disney's Newsies Jr. (starts January 12, 2019)
- 4070 Jackdaw Street, Mission Hills
- Dr. Dolittle Jr. (starts November 2, 2018)
- 1200 Vale Terrace, Vista
- Disney's Beauty and the Beast (through October 20, 2018)
- 987-D Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Solana Beach
- Holmes and Dr. Watson (through November 18, 2018)
- 2031 El Cajon Boulevard, North Park
- North Park Playwright Festival (through October 28, 2018)
- 4324 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard, Clairemont
- Please Pass the Gravy (starts November 16, 2018)
- 4944 Newport Avenue, Ocean Beach
- The Rocky Horror Show (through October 28, 2018)
- 2335 Chatsworth Boulevard, Point Loma
- Clue: On Stage (starts December 7, 2018)
- 3035 Talbot Street, Point Loma
- Musical Theatre Showcase (starts November 3, 2018)
- 14th and C Street, City College
- Metamorphoses (starts October 26, 2018)
- 849 W. Harbor Drive, Downtown San Diego
- Who Dunnit? Seaport Village (through December 31, 2018)
- 1363 Old Globe Way, Balboa Park
- Julius Caesar (through October 28, 2018)
- Looking for Christmas: The New Clint Black Musical (starts November 20, 2018)
If she ever falls in love, her mate will die in a hundred days.
In “Hungry Heart,” Bruce Springstein sings: “We fell in love, I knew it had to end.” Wait! Hold up there, Boss. Zero to 60 and back, like that? What about love is love and not ...
Contemporary slang and F-bombs feel too linguistically liberated
“I am a revolution!” shouts Mary Woolley in Bryna Turner’s Bull in a China Shop, based on the famous teacher, activist, and President of Mount Holyoke College. She wants to convert the college from a ...
“They have not only crammed the songs into a formulaic story, they have Broadway-ized the music.”
The Heart of Rock & Roll goes flat line
It skips back and forth in time and parses out bits of conflicting information.
What is this, a rough draft?
The running joke among theatre-goers was that the emperor wasn’t wearing any clothes
I naively went to a musical about a Jane Austen novel with the hope that I would be hearing at least a little music from the period. You know, the kind of music Jane would ...
Would we chalk it up as a funny gag, or would that monster prove itself through artistic expression?
Humanity reserves a special reverence for the act of creation. Most oral or written religious traditions start with a creation myth to explain how the world and humankind came to be. These origin stories provide ...