The Canyoneers 1 p.m., July 19
San Diego Theater Scene
You may also narrow your search by neighborhood, keyword, or date.
Jump to a venue:
- 444 Fourth Avenue, Downtown San Diego
- Pump Up the Volume: A 90's Palooza (starts July 28, 2017)
- 2223 El Cajon Boulevard, University Heights
- Live Lip Sync Face-Off!
- 5915 Severin Drive, La Mesa
- Women in Jeopardy! (through July 30, 2017)
- 79 Horton Plaza, Downtown San Diego
- Legally Blonde The Musical (starts August 3, 2017)
- 6663 El Cajon Boulevard, Suite N, Rolando
- Brooklyn the Musical (through July 30, 2017)
- 2787 B State Street, Carlsbad
- Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story (through August 27, 2017)
- 1100 Third Avenue, Downtown San Diego
- The Book Of Mormon (starts July 25, 2017)
- 1363 Old Globe Way, Balboa Park
- Ken Ludwig's Robin Hood! (starts July 30, 2017)
Auditions listed below. You can narrow your search by neighborhood, keyword, or date.
Jump to a venue:
La Jolla Playhouse's string of premieres
The La Jolla Playhouse is doing whole seasons with only world premieres. From musicals (artistic director Christopher Ashley won a Tony Award for his direction of the Playhouse’s Come From Away) to drama (Rebecca Taichman ...
Old Globe takes over from colleges and high schools
Frank Loesser (1910–1969) grew up in such a refined household, he had to rebel. His family spoke elegant sentences, and his older brother was a classical pianist. So Loesser chose the wilder side. He cultivated ...
No gaudy excesses or cartooned foppery in this King Richard
"Not all the water in the rough rude sea/ Can wash the balm from an anointed king./ The breath of worldly men cannot depose/ The deputy elected by the Lord.” Richard of Bordeaux became King ...
Rachel slams the same door on Tully that he’s been slamming on his conquests.
Times change. When Jimmy Buffett’s “Margaritaville” came out in 1977, the singer couldn’t find his salt shaker for said beverage. One might have thought, Poor dude, it won’t be the same. Today, the health-conscious would ...
The Delaney Sisters don’t like to be called “African-Americans.”
New Village Arts’ Having Our Say: The Delany Sisters’ First 100 Years is one of that company’s best shows in its 16 seasons. Sarah L. “Sadie” and Elizabeth “Bessie” Delany don’t like to be called ...
Why are we still dismayed by trophy spouses?
If you’re feeling charitable: Loves and Hours opens with a May-December marriage. If you’re feeling more cynical: rich, egotistical old man, Harold (Paul Maley) gets himself a smokin’ hot gold digger of a trophy wife, ...
Sexy Baby Voice under fire
Early on in O.B. Playhouse’s production of I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change, Tara Sampson, playing one of many, interchangeable female characters in this musical revue of love and dating, leans heavy on the ...
A mash-up of Paul Bunyan, Jonah and the Whale, The Odyssey, and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
“Turning and turning in the widening gyre The falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold” So spoke William Butler Yeats. I’m going to repurpose this poem to discuss PigPen Theatre ...