Humphreys Grill at the Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are offered at this approachable hotel dining room. While so many of the "in" restaurants are way too noisy, Humphreys Grill soothes the sole and offers some quality food in the meantime.
I have recently fallen for their Soft Shell Crab offering. One panko-crusted whole crab is served atop sautéed Udon and Soba noodles with an orange chili drizzle.
Two appetizers stand out. One is the Asparagus Soup that is served with a corn fritter.
The other favorite is the Thai Chicken Tacos appetizer. Crisp eggroll taco shells are filled with Thai spiced chicken salad and served with an Asian tangerine and pear salad dressed in a honey sesame dressing.
And the Caesar BLT could be named shrimp salad as it has a bed of fresh romaine and baby red romaine tossed with the house Caesar dressing. Avocado, bacon, and tomato are included in the salad with a skewer of three grilled shrimp sticking out of the salad. Shaved Parmesan cheese is sprinkled over the entire salad.
Humphreys Gill La Jolla Sheraton 3299 Holiday Court La Jolla, CA 92037 (858) 453-5500 http://www.sheratonlajolla.com/la-jolla-restaurant
More like this:
- Wanton Sandwiches and More at The Promiscuous Fork — Sept. 26, 2012
- Brunch at CUSP in the Hotel La Jolla — Sept. 11, 2012
- Fourth of July: Caesar Would Have Turned In His Grave? — July 4, 2012
- Shell Gas Station = Gas and a car wash…and Persian food? — May 4, 2012
- Koon Thai Kitchen — April 23, 2012