- Community Blog
- South Bay Education Issues
What The Heck is Going On at the Sweetwater Union High School District?
We are in the twilight zone here in the SouthBay. The sweetwater Union High School District Trustees called a special meeting on Monday night to discuss some employee issue. Which employee? Was it the interim Superintendent Ed Brand, who did not even have the courtesy to attend the meeting to hear what the community has to say? By the way, he's not an employee but a consultant earning $20,000 per month and 5 weeks vacation. Maybe the Trustee(s) that called this meeting forgot that. At least the community was able to express their extreme dissatisfaction at the thought of Ed Brand being offered a permanent contract for $280,000 per year for 2 years. The Trustees were there, but did they hear the community? Not really sure because they went into closed session for 2 hours to not discuss Ed Brands contract because legally they could not, but to discuss an employee issue and ultimately take no action!?!? Then today we find out a certain Trustee (the same one who sent an armed security guard to kick out a community member who mentioned his wife) sent 40 seconds of audio from the meeting to 10news alleging the community disrespected the Pledge of Allegiance and 911 victims?! And the knuckleheads at 10News bought it hook, line and sinker. They were not even there! I keep saying that we need a camera crew to follow EdBrand and his merry crew of Trustees and record them. It will be the best reality show on TV.
More like this:
- Sweetwater school board questions funds for investigators — Sept. 24, 2013
- Another Sweetwater board meeting mired in disagreement — April 17, 2013
- Is All Quiet on the Sweetwater Union High School District Front? — Oct. 10, 2012
- 10News and Sweetwater's John McCann, True Patriots? — Sept. 13, 2012
- Sweetwater Union HS District Board Meeting Skips Public Comment — June 13, 2012