Mayoral candidate Nathan Fletcher’s somewhat tumultuous upbringing.
- Morrissey Comes to San Diego to Say "SeaWorld Sucks"
- Venable Shines, But Pads Swept By Cards
- Voter Survey: Smokers' Tax Losing Support, Brown Tax Proposal Remains Strong
- San Diego Showing Tourism Growth
- Rumor: Manchester to Buy Register Thursday or Friday
- Tull Romances Gwynn in Bid for Padres
- Rick: Feast or Famine at First and A
- Meet Your Vegan Burrito — Again
- County Supervisor Candidate Brant Will — Hanging on to Idealism
- Carnitas' Snack Shack: Still Surprisingly Affordable (Plus a Bit on the Global Financial Crisis...)
- Truck Week: The Diva of Operacaffe
- The Hidden Dangers of a Weekday Brunch at Parkhouse Eatery
- UCAN Likely to Get New Executive Director
- The Case of the Lakeside Labrador
- Seattle Moviegoer Charged with Knocking Out Noisy Ten-Year-Old's Tooth
- T&A Sells Movies...
- Tony Stark, Hypocrite
- Mexican Peso Weakened, Baja Tourism Rises
- A letter I sent to the CA state legislature concerning CSUs
- Some Lick It Hot: Hotel Del Coronado Celebrates Billy Wilder Stamp
- The Three R's
- San Diego Rocksters Pierce the Veil Set to Release New Music July 17
- San Diego U-T CEO Suggested Use of Paper's News Clout in Sign Dispute, City Emails Show
- Foreclosure Rates Continue to Fall
- Amplified Ale Works Turns Volume Up Another Notch
- Losing My Inhibitions at Muzita Abyssinian Bistro
News & Stories
That’s what they call breakfast, right? But, honestly, most weekdays, I’m not very good at getting my day started off right. Our household does enjoy breakfast on weekends, and we always take note of what ...
Guitarist Jeffrey Joe Morin describes his performances as “Generally genre non-specific. I archive, treasure, and exhibit 20th-century American-standard songs of love, romance, and dramatic introspection.”
What’s with this “Urban” thing? There’s “Urbn,” the bar-eatery in North Park, “Urban Eats” on Fifth Avenue in Hillcrest, and now “Urban India,” near the Gaslamp. I noticed it walking down Fourth toward Broadway the ...
Over 100 people turned out for Encinitas' 101 Artist Colony's banner auction on May 20. The annual art sale invited 97 local artists to submit original paintings, on white vinyl banners, that were then hung ...
It’s Original OMG! How could writer Scott Marks miss Encinitas’s iconic La Paloma Theatre in his top ten picks of local theaters (“Our 10 Best Movie Theaters,” Cover Story, May 17)? His number one pick, ...
Let’s be honest: Battleship is Bullship. That honor is soon justified, when Lieutenant Alex Hopper (Taylor Kitsch) steals a burrito to impress the va-voom daughter (Brooklyn Decker) of an admiral (Liam Neeson). A boozing screw-up ...
About a hundred years ago, the Wobblies labor movement boiled over in San Diego.
Jack Black, a likeable actor, simply had to play the most likeable man in Carthage, Texas. He is Bernhardt Tiede II, currently in prison yet still loved in Carthage for having been a funeral director ...
A big hole in your television sports experience is about to be filled.
Did you see the headline from China? They teleported photons over 60 miles,” I said. When David shook his head in the affirmative, I felt a sense of pride in my worldliness. “Yeah, it was ...
It was a sad day for clowns when, last July, antiquated zoning regulations forced Technomania Circus to shut down their backyard performance space in Barrio Logan after seven years in business. Determined to continue juggling ...
In what must be a final run at the bank, Men in Black III arrives a decade after the last installment. The first two MiB shows grossed over a billion worldwide, providing rich justification for ...
Ex–San Diego city councilman Jim Madaffer, who fought for years with then–San Diego State president Steve Weber over redevelopment plans for the school’s sprawling campus just off Interstate 8, has put the full weight of ...
"I am thinking about becoming the Duke of Jacumba,” Dave Landman jokes. We are sitting in the dining room at his DeAnza Springs Nudist Resort, a property in Jacumba that Landman has owned for 15 ...
“I was semi-detached from the world, but not from myself,” says Ian Astbury. The Cult lyricist and singer is on the phone from Los Angeles. He explains where his head was at during the writing ...
Early reviews have argued that director Mary Harron has fallen below her previous level (American Psycho, The Notorious Bettie Page) with The Moth Diaries. They might better have emphasized the intelligent skill that Harron, who ...
It’s not just family patriarch Irwin Jacobs, billionaire founder of Qualcomm, who is handing out the big political money this campaign season. Son Harlan, who has signed on as a backer of mayoral candidate Nathan ...
Yacht is sometimes spelled like the boat, sometimes all in capital letters, sometimes as Y.A.C.H.T., and sometimes with a triangle in place of the “A.” And Jona Bechtolt and Claire Evans invariably describe their venture ...
Always three in red and six in black; always at least one lined face; always a few on display; usually a headache, and absolutely always a hangover; 2 or 3 God-struck ones. 2 blond kids ...