A new (old) breed of doctor is surfacing — one who makes house calls, believes pills are overprescribed, and cares to talk to their patients.
- Baja & Border News Translations: Indigents will generate a little problem; Federal Courts evacuated; Request to keep name of Boulevard Benitez
- Oceanside burglar handed out flyers with her name and phone number
- California brothers found dead in Mexicali
- Two more Padres implicated in Biogenesis scandal
- Disgraced Carlsbad cop has completed his “treatment”
- Octa#grape blows up garage with Emotional Oil
- Driver in fatal hit-and-run crash expects 22 years prison
- Albert Brooks in This is 40 for Best Jew?
- Don't forget this Sunday's Live Oscar Blog!
- New proposal from Mayor's Office opens commercial areas to medical marijuana dispensaries
- UCSD "mastermind" to head up Obama's Thought Police project
- Stout downtown: It’s hockey time. Eat your poutine!
- San Diego Classical Concerts
- Alleged Mexican Mafia enforcer sent to prison
- Hollywood is an engine that runs on mutual loathing and bottomless need
- Metropolitan Transit System offering laptops as prizes in essay contest
- It's 'Take Aim at Marks Day' at The Reader
- New lawsuit challenges extension of rope at La Jolla Children's Pool
- Escondido "skin-head" gets prison term
- Does San Diego's City Attorney have conflict of interest in hoteliers' legal attack on mayor?
- Trailer Park: Hansel and Gretel Get Baked
- Martinis Above Fourth
- Shots fired when San Marcos man attempts to reclaim stolen bicycle
News & Stories
The threat of pink slips has reared its head at Southwestern Community College District for the first time since l987. Only a few months ago, when voters passed Proposition 30, a tax to fund K-12 ...
San Diego County supervisor Greg Cox and state assemblyman Ben Hueso celebrated a $1.5 million grant for added miles of horse and hiking trails in the Tijuana River Valley Regional Park on Friday, February 15. ...
Oceanside hair salon Rock Your Loxx features a hard-rock theme, includes a stage and Marshall-amp replica cabinetry.
A.K. Skurgis gives you the one-man acoustic band live, but recorded he’s full-band electric.
My friend Smokee Wilson ain’t so smoky anymore. She recently started “vaping,” as she calls it — getting her nicotine fix by way of an electronic cigarette. I’ve got some family members who smoke, so ...
I have a folder on my internet browser’s bookmarks bar labeled “Sports Pages.” Inside are links to the sports section of every NFL and MLB team’s hometown newspaper. Occasionally, I’ll trawl through the tabloid briar ...
Geezer frontman Adam Gimbel comes up with a contest that celebrates 91X’s 30th anniversary.
After a five-year hiatus, Baja Prog 2013 will take place from April 3 through 6 in Mexicali.
Werner Herzog just happened upon a friend who was screening four films about professional trappers in the Siberian taiga, tradesmen who for centuries have used the same system of capturing animals because they are “unable ...
With one step, the air changed from fresh morning cool to middle-of-the-rainforest hot. The atmosphere inside the Reptile House was so thick, I thought if I opened my mouth I’d have to chew in order ...
This trail provides a great introduction to desert plants.
And now for some good old deconstruction of American pop music: the Residents are taking a lap around the country in celebration of their 40th anniversary as a creative unit. Too strange for some, the ...
At the downtown courthouse on February 19, a Jean Farb Middle School teacher pleaded not guilty to two felony charges of having a gun and a knife on the Tierrasanta school campus where he teaches ...
Paying extremely low wages to hotel workers boosts profits of out-of-town owners and deprives San Diego of spending power.
The building formerly known as Canes and then SoundWave is coming back as a club, but with less emphasis on big-name concerts.
Robert Garner files complaints with SDG&E regarding their security cameras that can view into his backyard and house. The electric company responded with a letter that said they are “committed to customer privacy”.”
In Defense of Bears I just wanted to say that I think you completely misrepresented Rich Sweeney in this cover article (“Temporary TV Fame,” February 14). Rich is a really nice guy who has done ...
(March, 1841) What a herd of slaves Jackson brought in last month. No sooner had their strength returned after the long march to the farm from Lynchburg but they began to plot another run. We ...