My life has been tossed like a salad, mixed like a drink, and pushed off the cliffs into the ocean so many times I don't even remember.
- Larry Ochs, Donald Robinson @ Space 4 Art, Feb. 13
- Baja & Border News Translations: BC State debt doubles in 5 years; Broken dreams of Salvadorans deported from U.S.; Range of alternative medical options offered
- Tijuana gallery Otras Obras opens installation of short video works
- Man walks into the Imperial Beach Sheriff Station and says he just killed his wife
- Padres do little in off-season
- Lemon Grove: Best California steak?
- Boxer, Markey demand San Onofre investigation
- Where's that Hoo coming from?
- Irwin Jacobs seeks consolation after Balboa Park debacle
- Talking with an overnight success: Peter Marin
- Pop-ups taking over Market
- Kilroy Realty throws one-million dollars at city lobbyists to help with permits for One Paseo
- I got yer tortured-artist prestige role right here
- Sony to market tablet computers to schools
- Trailer Park: Top Gun 3D
- Casting The Yoda Movie
- One SDGE expense account: $71,158 in 2011
- Crybaby DeNiro gives best performance in years
- Pac-Arts Drive-By Cinema launch party this Friday
- Louisian style at Red's Espresso Eatery
- Weekend Snow Alert!!
- Rosarito Blues: Cantamar
- Did you charge more than $100,000 on your expense account?
- El Cajon Police dog attacks La Mesa officer
- Border Patrol agents may testify
News & Stories
For 47 years the downtown San Diego Public Library has invited local authors (both traditional and self-published) to submit their work and be recognized in a monthlong exhibit that kicks off with an authors’ reception. ...
It was an atypical day, bar manager Jake Southworth recalls, that led to an atypical cocktail for San Diego — the hot whiskey drink. “Someone came in looking for something warm on a cold day,” ...
Talent buyer/manager of Humphreys Backstage Lounge, Jeremiah Smith, was arrested for felony drunk driving. Will that change the Shelter Island venue’s ability to book shows?
“I went crazy writing this and it all came out,” says Jesse Eisner. “‘Esse Jeisner’ says all the stuff that is hard to think about and all the shit we don’t like to acknowledge.” Shit ...
On the Rocks in Chula Vista -- a good place to find out if your date is a bedwetter or cheapskate.
‘Didn’t you used to want to be an artist?” I asked Patrick as I dragged him out the door. “At least I’ll get a drink,” he grumbled. We were on our way to a Painting ...
Interview with Joe Waters of the Swarmius Trio and the Hausmann String Quartet, which merges classical music with rock, hip-hop, jazz, and world-music genres.
Jim Ryan has to give up Cardiac Kidz but starts his own Jim Ryan Project.
They are three African-American males at San Pere, Louisiana, near the Bayou. Ogun Henri Size, a mechanic, prides himself for being a responsible adult. Free-spirited younger brother Oshoosi’s back from two years in prison. Now ...
Interview with journalist Jorge Aranguré, raised binationally, in Tijuana and southern San Diego County.
Once a mecca for the Hollywood set; includes trails connected to the City of Carlsbad
Hey Matt: A colleague and I were at the Tierrasanta post office. It’s located in a typical shopping center with enough room for traffic lanes in each direction, yet they have signs showing only one ...
Hasno Ali, 46-year-old owner of East African Cuisine, has to struggle to make money at San Diego’s farmers’ markets.
"Whoa, what is that on your finger?” Shawn reached out to grab Jordan’s hand. “Did you guys get married? What is that, titanium?” Jordan smiled sheepishly and then removed his ring and handed it over ...
“About six years ago, I had an epiphany of sorts.” Tony Suraci, aka the Highwayman, explains how he came to front such a complicated show. “For a long time I performed Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, ...
Hot Rod: Despite the luke-warm reviews, I found Hot Rod to be incredibly funny and full of quotable lines. I’ve watched it with my kids numerous times. It’s just a fun movie for kids of ...
Heymatt: My brother-in-law used to tell me this riddle all the time, but he passed away a few years ago and now none of my family can remember the answer, if ever there was one: ...
Some longtime San Diego lobbyists and Republican political players are picking up major change from the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority in the form of a lucrative “public outreach” contract — which during a ...
The City of Chula Vista has an arrangement with Ace Parking that enables the company to issue parking tickets…is that legal?
San Diego is a haven for multilevel marketing scams, which are often pyramid schemes.
Sodium-free milk of politics Poseidon Resources, the desalination outfit that finally got a contract from the San Diego County Water Authority last year, spent heavily on local political campaigns, according to its recent disclosure filing. ...
Heymatt: About 30 years ago I heard about some concrete stairs leading from the area around UCSD Medical Center in Hillcrest down to Mission Valley. I went exploring and found them, but I only went ...
Frank the photographer finds out that the better camera doesn’t necessarily lead to the best photos.
It is portentous, and a thing of state That here at midnight, in our little town A mourning figure walks, and will not rest, Near the old court-house pacing up and down, Or by his ...
In Honor of Glen I found the Desert View Trail Roam-O-Rama hike description by the Canyoneers (January 31) to be somewhat bittersweet. Although the description of the hike to Glen’s View is accurate in all ...