Related to the presidential candidate by blood and religion; each traveling separate roads. On a sultry day in Council Bluffs, Iowa, in July 1846, 496 Mormon men, accompanied by many wives, children, and at least ...
- Baja & Border News Translations: There are 55 Million Internet Users in Mexico; Carnival of Ensenada Venue Change Considered
- Baja & Border News Translations: Corpse Found in Canal; Suspected Murderer Stoned 2 Girls
- Baja & Border News Translations: Homicidal "Neo-Nazi" Found Hiding in Rosarito; Son of "Tucan" Participated in Kidnapping
- Chula Vista council votes with hoteliers to scrap Tourism Marketing District
- Bruce Cameron: jazz any way you like it
- Women: Too hot for sushi?
- CSA box day!
- Home sheltering deported U.S. veterans opened in Baja
- Picking up the tab: assessment districts to pay for Downtown San Diego Partnership's new website
- Snapshots of Chicali
- Bert Fields, a Hollywood lawyer on the side of America's good taste
- The day Nirvana played Off the Record — 21 years ago today (10-24-91)
- Card data stolen from Barnes & Noble stores; 4 SD stores affected
- Melissa Etheridge Endorses Medical Marijuana Ballot Measures in San Diego County
- One Homeless Voice
- Your Week: October 25-31
- Family Pumpkin Patch
- Media watch: North County Times shifts to mostly-just-real-estate format
- Two-thirds of "short sellers" experience difficulties
- ESPN.com investigation links San Diego Charger "chill pills" with blackouts, loss of enthusiasm
- Street Style: Mom Jeans and Granny Shoes
- Yoga for toddlers and babies
- **[email protected]@K** RARE VINTAGE ORIGINAL UNITED ARTISTS TRANSAMERCA WATERING CAN MINT
- Mandarin House
- Record $234,595 spent on broadcast ads in just one day in city races
- Montgomery Clift: Judgement at 6th & C
- San Diego Beer Week: Day Three
- Prolific burglar caught in Del Mar
- Baja & Border News Translations: Family and Neighbors Investigated in Human Sex Trafficking Case; Vehicle Flips, Family Dispute, Dog Shot
- Baja & Border News Translations: Police Torture Victims File Complaint; Caravan of Mothers Seek Missing Migrants
- GMO? OMG!
- Baja & Border News Translations: Volunteer Women Visit Nursing Home; 500 Job Opportunities Offered at Job Fair
- California Prop 30 ends the Brown Act Open Government laws
News & Stories
It took five deputies, four bean-bag rounds, one taser, and a dog to extract a renter from an apartment in Vista, according to recent testimony in San Diego’s North County Superior Court. Toshio Suzuki, then ...
Cross seven access bridges to San Diego’s historical streetcar routes on this downtown loop walk that blends the present with the past.
When it comes to a good hand-crafted cocktail, according to the bar manager at Beaumont’s Eatery, Gavin McManes, the trick is in the treat. “Anytime someone comes into my bar, I’m basically treating them as ...
Jason Lee of Oceanside started doing Kiss tributes 36 years ago. “I remember being six years old and putting the pillows in a semicircle around the couch like a stage. I would air drum with ...
Videos for new songs by Writer — “Hot Days” and a cover of Santigold’s “Disparate Youth” — from their upcoming full-length Brotherface (due October 30), are streaming online, both directed by E. Lee Smith. The ...
Ed Bedford and Elmer Niederfrank’s ghost approve of the ice cream being made in National City.
Name: Sarah D. Car: 2010 Nissan Versa Like it? I love it! What do you like about it? The seats are the most comfortable thing in the entire world. They’re squishy. It also gets really ...
Tijuana’s All My Friends fest goes international this year, inviting bands from Long Beach, Brooklyn, San Diego...
Members of Calexico, who called themselves Spoke at first and put out an album of the same name in 1996, are, in truth, from Tucson. “To live here,” Arizona-based singer and Calexico collaborator Marianne Dissard ...
"I play melodic pop-rock music,” says Vista singer/songwriter Wendy Bailey. “Think Foo Fighters with an Annie Lennox-ish type lead voice. I’ve had comparisons like Velocity Girl, Liz Phair, and Jimmy Eat World.” Originally from Colorado, ...
If I were asked to describe myself using ten adjectives, “tact” would not be among them. So it was that, upon being introduced to a young man at the opening reception for David’s latest photographic ...
It has to be weird to be John Lydon. I once saw Public Image Ltd. play in San Francisco and after a few songs, Lydon stormed offstage because people in the front row were spitting ...
“I recently finished my first solo record, and I’m going under the name A Veil,” says Chapter 14 singer/guitarist Chad Ackerman. Ackerman was still attending San Marcos High School when he joined As I Lay ...
What happened with Ladybird Johnson’s Highway Beautification Act? How do fleas breed? How much do political ads cost candidates?
I lost my job, my wife, my car, and I’m now homeless. I’m trying to stay sober. I’m hoping generous San Diegans will pass a few bucks my way to help me out until I ...
In an old New Yorker cartoon, a judge on a high bench peers down imperiously at a disheveled, scraggly-faced defendant. Intones the judge, “Crime doesn’t pay at your level.” For decades, that mindset has epitomized ...
As the election approaches, joblessness continues to bedevil America, but in San Diego an impressive number of lobbying gigs are up for grabs. Rady Children’s Hospital is currently on the prowl for a new vice ...
Early this year, James Marshall filed a complaint with the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System’s Taxi Administration about rude and negligent service he received from a cabdriver. The agency sent a copy of the complaint ...
San Diego State University is looking to close a slightly different kind of deal than that of the political variety. With Democratic governor Jerry Brown warning of severe cuts to taxpayer-subsidized education unless voters approve ...
Yun Tow or Tun Yow? This concerns your Unforgettable feature in the October 18 issue (“The Trail of Torment on Gold Mountain”). This is about the Chinaman Ah Chee and his quest to save his ...
Untitled Our cries, she used to say Would scratch the moon’s windowpanes And scrape the corners of tombstones which milked the moon My mother set the long slope of her back against us to interrogate ...