Arriving parents and the students they were dropping off in front of the San Dieguito High School Academy may have been concerned on the morning of September 11. From out in front of the campus ...
- Heading into the jazz weekend
- Dig a hole: Noise reduction pioneer Ray Dolby
- Crazy over bread sticks again
- Downtown San Diego Partnership takes $100,000 in assessments for defense in lawsuit over misuse of assessments
- His T shirt revealed his illegal profession
- Baby steps in Baja: Day One - Puerto Nuevo
- GOP and Koch-backed think tank operative gives Nathan Fletcher funding assist
- Wells Fargo beats the Vista merchant who can't speak or read English
- Repeat felon expects 8 years for assaulting woman
- Phoenix lobbying firm opens in San Diego -- with baggage
- La Jolla nonprofit plans pricey Cuba visit
- Vanity, thy name is plate?
- Why not drink more bitters?
- Utility's solution for those hamstrung by rising rates: use less power
- Sin Fronteras/Salsipuedes Fest brings down the wall with noise
- Everything Comes From the Streets: San Diego's lowriders
- Bonita: Tuna tostada trial!
News & Stories
Here we go, I’m about to cure plantar fasciitis. Well, at least help prevent it. There is no agreement as to what causes plantar fasciitis but the only way to fix it is rest. If ...
Teatro Mascara Magica’s Detained in the Desert runs through this weekend. The compelling play is about undocumented immigrants, a subject so vital they say the only way to see it fully is to be there. ...
Starting today, September 12, the sediment piled up in Goat Canyon's enormous basins will be removed, thanks to a $1 million state-budget award in June for Border Field State Park. The three-year project calls for ...
For the final in a six-part series, Kate Kerr (nee Hanley) reviews the five main practices necessary to ensuring success with your job search or accelerating your career path. Let’s review. We’ve talked separately about ...
For the last eight months, Jan Browning, 54 of San Diego, searched the Internet, networked diligently, and used all the social networking tools available to find a job. After 347 applications and 45 interviews she ...
If you’d have told me you could squeeze two dozen people into the wooden box at the end of the Shelter Island pier, I’d have called you a liar. I’m still not sure it’s advised, ...
For more than a decade, I was a player/manager of a men’s baseball team, a collection of former minor leaguers, college players and a few former high school benchwarmers. It was a pretty serious endeavor ...
The Ocean Beach Woman’s Club is celebrating its 89th birthday this year. But it's uncertain whether or not the club will be around next year. The organization began serving the community in 1924, helping to ...