From <a href="https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32210-d8077772-Reviews-Gunpowder_Point-Chula_Vista_California.html">Trip Advisor</a>
San Diego Bay from Gunpowder Point
- Harbor Patrol responded to the Sheraton Marina for a fuel spill. Harbor Patrol documented the incident, notified all environmental agencies and are still investigating as the suspect vessel is known.
- Harbor Patrol responded to a vessel accident in South Bay San Diego (Gunpowder Point) where a large power vessel ran aground on the shoal. Due to the sudden impact with the shoal, several people were injured.
- Harbor Patrol responded to H&M Landing for a subject who appeared to be tampering with a commercial fishing vessel. He was observed attempting to untie the vessel and set it adrift. Harbor Patrol located the subject aboard the vessel in the galley area and found he was an employee of the vessel. Due to his intoxication level, he was taken into custody and transported to the detox center.
- Harbor Patrol responded to the area of Zuniga Jetty for a missing diver. A short time later, he was found by the assistance of a Homeland Security Air Marine unit on the opposite side of the jetty. The divers were warned on staying together while doing this activity.
- Harbor Patrol responded to a vessel fire at Humphrey’s Half Moon Bay Marina. Upon arrival with SDFD they found the vessels motor just overheated and was exhausting a lot of smoke which quickly filled the pilot house.
- Harbor Patrol investigated an accident involving a large vessel that was attempting to leave its slip in the Kona Kai Marina. The large vessel backed into a small vessel at its stern and then also struck the vessel in the adjacent slip. Minor damage to all vessels involved.
- Harbor Patrol were dispatched to investigate a theft of a bilge pump from a vessel at the Marina Cortez. The investigation led them to not only documenting the crime but also a domestic violence incident with the suspect.
- Harbor Patrol responded to a subject who was observed jumping into the water and swimming around the Cruise Ship terminal. Harbor Patrol quickly located the subject and warned him regarding the offense.
- Harbor Patrol located an adrift kayak near the Midway museum. The kayak was stored at the Harbor Patrol impound dock and was later returned to the owner.
- Harbor Patrol contacted a subject who was illegally moored at the Harbor Police guest slips. The subject was arrested for having an outstanding warrant and his vessel was impounded.
- Harbor Patrol issued a citation to a subject who was in a slip at the Harbor Police guest slips without a permit.
- Harbor Patrol investigated a sewage spill that was located at the Southwest Yacht club.
- Harbor Patrol responded to a call for assistance in the A-9 Cruisers Anchorage. Upon arrival, a female was located with several injuries to her face and neck area. A male subject was then located and was arrested for the battery. The female was transported to a hospital.
- Harbor Patrol were dispatched to investigate a theft of some items and some damage done to one of the cranes used for rebuilding the Shelter Island Launch ramp.
- Harbor Patrol issued a citation to a subject who was anchored in the A-1 La Playa Anchorage without a permit.
- HP located a subject near the Tenth Avenue Terminal having engine problems with his small vessel (dinghy). HP assisted the boater by towing it back to the A-3 Anchorage.
- Harbor Patrol were dispatched to the South Bay area to one of the Hornblower bay cruise ships. Harbor Patrol found that two elderly patrons aboard the vessel fell down some stairs receiving injuries. Harbor Patrol facilitated getting the passengers to paramedics who transported them to a local hospital.
- Harbor Patrol responded to an adrift vessel near Harbor Island. Harbor Patrol located an adrift kayak which was then taken to the Harbor Patrol dock and impounded.
- Harbor Patrol were dispatched to a dock within the Americas Cup Harbor for a report of a stolen dinghy. Harbor Patrol are investigating the crime and checking video surveillance.
- Harbor Patrol were dispatched to the area of buoy #18 due to the USCG locating two identical adrift kayaks. The kayaks were then taken to the Harbor Patrol dock and impounded.
- Harbor Patrol responded to the Kona Kai for a subject causing a disturbance. Due to the subject’s demeanor and comments he was taken to County Mental Health for an evaluation.