San Diego Lifeguards are a 24 hour rescue agency whose responsibilities include water rescue, boat rescue, marine fire suppression, coastal cliff rescue, underwater search and recovery, swift water and flood search, rescue and emergency medical response. San Diego Lifeguards also handle enforcement of city, state and federal laws and regulations. Lifeguards are classified as peace officers with the power of arrest.
- SDPD transferred a 911 caller who states a man is drowning and screaming for help in the South Pacific Passage area. Rescue 5 and 24Sam arrives and picks up the victim, possibly ETOH. Medic 20 and Engine 25 on scene as well as 121Jon and 122Jon.Victim transported to Mercy Hospital by Medic 20.
- RP (Russell of Explore Offshore) reports Humpback Whale possibly entangled in lobster pot line near Torrey Pines City Beach. Lifeguard aboard Rescue 3 and Marine III respond with USCG and Sea World. Mammal successfully freed from lines.
- La Jolla Cove requests Medics for a 21 year old female with difficulty breathing and nausea. Patient AMA’s from Medic 9.
- Person down. MDC reports medic 20 and Engine 15 responding to 5075 Niagara. SDPD and Lifeguard on scene and PD cancelled medics.
- La Jolla Cove reports a diver aspiration due to being overweighed. Engine 9 and Medic/Rescue 9 transport to Scripps LJ.
- Lifeguard reports a 51 year old male experiencing neck pain due to hitting his head on the bottom of the ocean while surfing. Lifeguards take C-Spine precautions and patient is transported to Scripps La Jolla by Medic 21.
- Lifeguards and SDPD investigate possible assault, however incident is not anywhere near the beach and no LG contact.
- RP states that she witnessed an intoxicated male enter the water at Tower 23/ Oliver and OFW near Lahina and after 15 minutes, RP never saw the unknown male exit the water. RP called 911 to report and Rescue 5 and 24 Sam respond. After interviewing beach patrons and patrolling the water, nothing was found.
- Fall at Fiesta Island on a 72 year old male with a leg injury from a collision with a dog. Rescue 3 on scene and Unit 42 who help transport to Medics. Medic 20 transport to Scripps.
- 2 females stuck on cliff at the Boundry line with no injuries. Lifeguards perform a standard cliff rescue. Clear.
- Broken down PWC off tower 19. Marine 1 with an emergency tow to the turning basin.
- Dislocated shoulder at Ventura Pl. on a 42 year old male who tried to do a back flip and landed on his shoulder. Patient with Medic 21.
- Difficulty breathing on 50 year old female on the Citizens trail at Blacks. Northern cliff response requested. Patient assisted to the top with an examination by medics.
- Swimmer in distress in Sunny Jims Cave, 51 year old male. Patient self rescues with minor scratches. He is helped top of Goldfish Point.
- Sprained ankle at the Blacks volleyball courts, 36 year old female. Lifeguard transports to Blackgold road, and then to car.
- Possible assault at 700 Emerald on a female. Lifeguards stand down, incident not on the beach.
- Vessel adrift reported via VHF by the Bahia Bell, 500 yards from shore in the middle of the bay. Rescue 5 responds. The vessel is a MBSC rental, it gets transport to the dock and there is an employee to meet. Clear.
- Lifeguards respond to a call of a missing diver at Neptune and Playa del Norte. Lifeguards able to clear call as a simple separation of divers.
- Lifeguards respond to a vessel aground at breakwater in Mission Bay. Lifeguards tow vessel to Seaforth Rental Dock.
- Lifeguards respond to an abandoned boat adrift at the Casa. Lifeguards tow vessel and impound it at HQ.
- Harbor Police are investigating a boating accident that occurred between a sailboat and a commercial power boat in south San Diego Bay
- Abandoned vessel on the beach at Wind n Sea. 12 foot aluminum skiff was abandoned on the beach at the foot of Nautilus St. CF ran in Arjis, located owner but there is no phone number. No action taken.
- Broken ankle reported at 3141 Oceanfront walk. 35 year old male who had an injury from an assault last night. 2 Sam calls for medics. Medic 28 to Scripps La Jolla.
- Possible dislocated hip on a 46 year old male aboard a vessel 2 miles off shore. Marine 1 meets up and drops a guard aboard. Vessel stays underway with the guard and follows Marine 1 to the dock to meet medics. Medic 20 to Kaiser.
- Vehicle on fire reported via Lifeguards at 700 Grand. Lifeguards at scene extinguish the fire with an extinguisher before Fire is on scene. Engine 21 at scene and takes over.
- 911 call of 3 people struggling to get in at Santa Cruz beach. Lifeguard at scene with Rescue 3 and find three people waist deep just getting into shore. Clear.
- Harbor Police investigated a crime that took place aboard a cruise ship.
- Disabled 32’ vessel dragging anchor off the tip of Point Loma. Rescue 5 responds and secures vessel anchor and boater awaits vessel assist.
- Harbor Police were dispatched to and assisted a vessel in distress due to mechanical problems off of Harbor Island.
- 911 call for a male at El Carmel/Bayside, in and out of the water yelling for help. SDPD, 24King and a lifeguard rescue vessel respond. Reporting parties state the male was last seen walking down the boardwalk, units unable to locate. Clear.
- Harbor Police responded to a Harbor Island Marina for a death investigation.
- Harbor Police responded to a marina in North SD Bay for a suicidal subject. HPD transported the subject to County Mental Health.
- Uber driver reports to PD that client phone is pinging in the water off Crown Pt. Lifeguard rescue vessel and 24S respond with SDPD, conduct search with nothing found.
- Person down with C-Spine Precautions. Unit 1, E15 and M19 respond and transport to UCSD
- Complaint against Mission Bay Sports Center Rentals. Reporting party states he was told that MBSC had solo rights to water in NW Sail Bay. Lifeguard rescue vessel responds and makes warnings.
- Marine St. 3Sam requests surfboat to assist with lost boat and language barrier. Seaforth chase boat locates and assists.
- Lifeguards requested to investigate a report of a vessel pumping hold tank into bay. Septic malfunction and warnings made.
- Diabetic emergency at 700 Thomas. Lifeguards respond. Fire handles, no LG contact
- Disabled vessel. Lifeguard rescue vessel responds and provides courtesy tow to Ski Beach Dock.