Bridgepoint's PAC Keeps up Political Pace, Contributes to Paul Ryan
Bridgepoint Education, Inc., the controversial San Diego-based for-profit education conglomerate, is one of the city's biggest donors of political cash and event freebies, spreading the campaign wealth to everyone from Republican-turned-independent Nathan Fletcher's mayoral bid to Democratic Assemblyman Marty Block, Republican state Sen. Joel Anderson, and beyond.
Last December, Anderson received $2900 from the education outfit.
On top of that, last fall Bridgepoint handed out free football and food and beverage tickets to Anderson, Block, and GOP county supervisor Greg Cox, disclosure records show.
One of the latest targets of Bridgepoint's largesse is Republican congressman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, newly designated GOP vice presidential nominee-to-be.
According to Ryan's most recent House campaign filing, Bridgepoint gave the outspoken conservative $1,000 on April 30.
More like this:
- Walmart and Sempra bankroll anti-Fletcher hit piece — Oct. 23, 2013
- GOP fat cats go after super rich Qualcomm Democrats in mayoral proxy war hit piece — Oct. 8, 2013
- No April Fools Joke: Fletcher Joins Democrats — May 4, 2013
- Qualcomm CEO and Wife Give $10,000 to Beat GOP's Bilbray — July 16, 2012
- La Jolla Billionaire Irwin Jacobs Gives $2 million to Pro-Obama Super PAC — July 10, 2012