Walter Mencken 2:37 p.m., March 1
Some of La Jolla's Richest and an L.A. Casino Operator Kick in Big for Fletcher
The most recent campaign disclosure report for San Diegans for Nathan Fletcher - Mayor 2012, posted online earlier today by the San Diego city clerk's office, reveals a virtual Blue Book of La Jolla contributors to the cause of the ex-GOP Assemblyman, who split from his party earlier in the campaign, pronouncing himself an independent.
And, despite its name, the committee also gathered plenty of cash from out-of-town corporate interests.
San Francisco's Blue Shield of California gave $10,000.
Vista's Robert Carter, general partner in the Bicycle Casino of Los Angeles, kicked in $5,000.
William Koman of the Koman Group in St. Louis, gave $10,000.
Biggest local dollars came from Bridgepoint Education CEO Andrew Clark, with $20,000, and Robert Price, son of the late retail magnate Sol Price, with $25,000.
In all, the committee, "domiciled" in Sacramento, according to its statement of organization, raised $122,500, spent about $230,000, mostly on mail pieces, and still had $233,986 in the bank at the end of the period.
Outstanding debts totaled about $88,600.
Today, additional out-of-town donors contributed to the committee, including the California Apartment Association Political Action Committee of Sacramento, with $5,000, and South San Francisco's Genentech, with $1,000.
La Jolla's Dan Shea of Donovan's Steakhouse is listed as a principal officer of the committee on its statement of organization.
More like this:
- Bridgepoint's PAC Keeps up Political Pace, Contributes to Paul Ryan — Aug. 14, 2012
- San Diego Chapter of American Civil Liberties Union Gives $100,000 to Anti-Death Penalty Campaign — July 19, 2012
- L.A. Cop Union PAC, Other Police Union PACs, Pouring Last Minute Money into Anti-DeMaio TV Spots — June 2, 2012
- Liquor Store Group Run by Outspoken Chaldean Leader Mails Hit Pieces Against Filner — May 29, 2012
- Booze Merchants Association Gives Big to Fletcher Mayoral Campaign — May 24, 2012