Barbarella Fokos 11 a.m., Nov. 30
Some of La Jolla's Richest and an L.A. Casino Operator Kick in Big for Fletcher
The most recent campaign disclosure report for San Diegans for Nathan Fletcher - Mayor 2012, posted online earlier today by the San Diego city clerk's office, reveals a virtual Blue Book of La Jolla contributors to the cause of the ex-GOP Assemblyman, who split from his party earlier in the campaign, pronouncing himself an independent.
And, despite its name, the committee also gathered plenty of cash from out-of-town corporate interests.
San Francisco's Blue Shield of California gave $10,000.
Vista's Robert Carter, general partner in the Bicycle Casino of Los Angeles, kicked in $5,000.
William Koman of the Koman Group in St. Louis, gave $10,000.
Biggest local dollars came from Bridgepoint Education CEO Andrew Clark, with $20,000, and Robert Price, son of the late retail magnate Sol Price, with $25,000.
In all, the committee, "domiciled" in Sacramento, according to its statement of organization, raised $122,500, spent about $230,000, mostly on mail pieces, and still had $233,986 in the bank at the end of the period.
Outstanding debts totaled about $88,600.
Today, additional out-of-town donors contributed to the committee, including the California Apartment Association Political Action Committee of Sacramento, with $5,000, and South San Francisco's Genentech, with $1,000.
La Jolla's Dan Shea of Donovan's Steakhouse is listed as a principal officer of the committee on its statement of organization.
More like this:
- Bridgepoint's PAC Keeps up Political Pace, Contributes to Paul Ryan — Aug. 14, 2012
- San Diego Chapter of American Civil Liberties Union Gives $100,000 to Anti-Death Penalty Campaign — July 19, 2012
- L.A. Cop Union PAC, Other Police Union PACs, Pouring Last Minute Money into Anti-DeMaio TV Spots — June 2, 2012
- Liquor Store Group Run by Outspoken Chaldean Leader Mails Hit Pieces Against Filner — May 29, 2012
- Booze Merchants Association Gives Big to Fletcher Mayoral Campaign — May 24, 2012