Mike Madriaga 12:40 p.m., May 25
Malarkey Going Ubiquitous
Goodbye, Gio's Bistro in La Mesa; hello, Gingham. Brian Malarkey is becoming a one-man chain (a new Cohn?), with cloth-named restaurants -- Seersucker downtown, Burlap in Del Mar, ad now this one, which is expected to open sometime in December.
Gio's had annoyed the neighbors with amplified live music outdoors on the patio. It lost its music permit and shut down at the end of October.
Marlarkey and business partner Mike Mitchell plan to enclose the patio in the 7000 square foot space, add a second bar on the patio, and keep food prices low, fit for an East County family venue.
And after that: Gabardine, in Point Loma.
And then? And then?
More like this:
- An Early Visit to Gingham — Jan. 13, 2012
- A World of Malarkey Coming Atcha! — Sept. 7, 2011
- A Baker's Dozen of Dining Patios — June 9, 2011
- Food for Literary Thought — May 16, 2011
- That's Enfoodtainment at Searsucker in the Gaslamp — Oct. 13, 2010