Food for Literary Thought
Inspired by some of their favorite books, local chefs will be cooking up literary-themed dishes at a fundraiser for the San Diego Council on Literacy. It'll be held on Wednesday, May 18 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the NTC Promenade in Liberty Station. Participating restaurants include Quality Social, Tender Greens, The Marine Room and Urban Solace, plus Searsucker (whose Brian Malarkey will magic up Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham in the flesh.) . Each dish will each paired with a beer, wine or cocktail; . Tickets for the tasting are $60 and available at www.eatdrinkread.com.
More like this:
- Preview: Chef Matt Gordon talks about tonight's "Eat.Drink.Read" event — May 18, 2011
- More Siamese Street Food, from Saffron — May 11, 2011
- Musical Chefs — May 7, 2011
- San Diego Food Swap — April 19, 2011
- Merry Songkran! and Thai cooking lessons — March 16, 2011