Ian Anderson 12:15 p.m., Oct. 21
Alchemy's New Street-Food Menu
Alchemy (1503 30th Street, 619.255.0616) has a brand new globally inspired menu from chef Ricardo Heredia, emphasizing (as always) organic and local ingredients.
This new menu highlights “street food” dishes from America, Europe, Asia, and the Caribbean, and while it maintains several customer favorites — such as the seasonal squash blossoms, piquillo rellenos, and black garlic pad Thai — they have introduced new items such as beef lengua (tongue — yum!) tacos, jerk chicken, fried green tomatoes, and pirogies. Oh, and oysters! The “Standards” and “Garden Food” portion of the menu remain similar with a few additions, bulked up with neighborhood favorites.
In addition, chef Ricardo has introduced a new bar menu (featuring drink and food specials) as well as a delicioso Cuban-style suckling pig dinner (serving 8–10 people). Call for details about that.
More like this:
- The Heart & Trotter: Meet your meat at Alchemy — July 29, 2013
- Muted Magic at Alchemy — Oct. 5, 2011
- Alchemy Chef Proves You Don't Have to be Vegetarian to Do Right By 'Em — Aug. 2, 2011
- boo-hoos - losing our best again, plus Chef Cel — April 6, 2011
- Free-Range Grazing — Sept. 16, 2009