Content for Wednesday, October 31, 2012
- The Crow Conspiracy
- Strange Stage Stories from San Diego Musicians
- Ersatz News Source: Homeless Housing Aboard Cruise Ship Approved; Tijuana Annexation Considered by Congress
- Chase Headley Wins Gold Glove
- Ersatz News Source: UT Acquires MAD; PETCO Snow Bird RV Park Opens
- Prop 30 opponents rally downtown
- Ruby Room outdoor art murals facing threat of removal on Monday
- Vaginals Kill Radio
- Baja state police officer wounded in strip club shootout
- Chula Vista chamber of commerce PAC gets money from supervisor Cox
- Grover Norquist's Americans for Tax Reform runs new anti-Peters ad
- Street Style La Jolla: Halloween Edition
- Aztec Newcomers: Dwayne Polee II
- One-time Democrat and ex-Padres owner Moores gives $20,000 to anti union political withholding measure
- Kahneman II
- Spooky houses: University Heights
- Painting the Calla Lily
- Disney and Lucasfilm: envisioning the future
- Gene Hackman defends wife against foul-mouthed street person
- Last-minute San Diego Halloween costumes
- Irwin Jacobs finishes fourth, not second, on Obama's top-five donor list. AP revises earlier rankings
- Your Week: November 1-6
- San Diego Beer Week: Day Eight
- Chillin' with Mama Tam
- Need a last minute Halloween costume?
- $300,000 in federal funds for Sheriff's anti-DUI campaign
- Halloween, French-style
News & Stories
Mid-century aesthetic in Fairmont Park
Happy housewives and Mad Men, good for business.
The San Diego County Sheriff's Department is testing out three new patrol vehicles to replace the Ford Crown Victoria police squad car. Last week, one prototype — a Dodge Charger — could be seen driving ...
A Tijuana citizens group, Los Integrantes de la Coalición Pro Puerta México (Coalition for the Port of Mexico) met in Plaza Viva Tijuana a few days ago to petition for the permanent opening of the ...
Old Tiger’s Dustin Lothspeich, hung up on Mitt’s money.
DJ Tayari Howard launches web-based jazz-radio stations KKSD and KBLK.
Ed unhinges his jaw and attacks a sandwich at Rubicon Deli. One of the most popular, says Caesar, is called the “Rich Boy.” (“Like a Po’ Boy, but better.”)
Willy Crespo, prison priest
Columnist Patrick Daugherty tries to hunt down a a Beretta M9 for sale.
Dude, where’s my gun?
Okay, I completed my Handgun Safety Certification exam and fired 20 rounds out the front end of a Beretta M9 without injury to any living thing. Guiding me all the while was an entity I’ll ...
In a way, the Fire Eaters are the next generation of San Diego soul and acid jazz.
Jazz nightspot Dizzy’s found a new home in the showroom at San Diego Jet Ski Rentals in P.B.
The octopus is an intelligent creature with some amazing abilities. It can squeeze its boneless body through tight spaces. It can crawl along the bottom of the ocean floor or suddenly switch on its built-in ...
Hobos' hot meals; patients' pot cards; kids' tough cars.
Brian Bilbray, Republican candidate for the 52nd congressional district on the November 6 ballot, was a no-show at a scheduled forum hosted by the Ocean Beach Town Council on October 24. With Bilbray absent, Scott ...
A tree-shaded trail with bucolic vistas leads to a world-class observatory.
Will you map the distance from Mia and Kerry’s place to the theater?” I called to David from the bathroom, where I was busy patting my head with wet hands to de-frizz my hair. “Why?,” ...
Presidio Hill, the “Plymouth Rock of the West” is also the “cradle of golf in San Diego.”
Two Cow Garage is exactly the sort of pun-ish band name that one might expect to emanate from the farm country of Ohio, which is where they are from. Other pop-culture writers bag them as ...
The fine print prevails
San Diegans wanting to entrust their money to glib securities peddlers can go to school on the Schoolers — Lou and John Schooler. Lou owns Western Financial Planning Corporation, which has been charged with running ...
It was billed as the U.S.-Mexico Border Mayors Association’s third annual “Binational Summit,” an “opportunity for mayors from across the border to…collaborate on topics that affect border communities of Mexico and the United States, and ...
"Neglected property becomes a target for vandalism”
Jim Grant lies low as a white City truck drives north on Sunset Cliffs Boulevard. Once it’s out of sight, he picks up a hand broom and sweeps the dust from a park bench made ...
How much should a police flashlight cost? San Diego sheriff Bill Gore is looking for a deal to buy a total of 1800 Bayco TAC330B “nightstick tactical lights,” which retail for about $40, over three ...
Cold in the earth — and the deep snow piled above thee, Far, far, removed, cold in the dreary grave! Have I forgot, my only Love, to love thee, Severed at last by Time’s all-severing ...
Rehashed Hype The Reader falls to ever-lower depths of journalistic depravity and squalor as exemplified by Matt Potter’s hatchet job on the Romney family. Mr. Potter is lower than a snake. The first page of ...