Don Bauder 4 p.m., Oct. 16
- Community Blog
- The Single Life: Random Adventures in Awesome
I've been Cruising
Every meal thus far has been delicious....amazing. This is not a fast so much as an introduction into another way of cooking and thinking about food. It is an attempt to eat fresh produce, mostly in its raw form.
This is what I thought until I read ahead to the middle of the fast (actually my boyfriend read ahead to the middle). Apparently the first five days is a combination of juice and food that you eat. The middle five days, however is all juice! It has been easy to fight any small temptation because I have truly liked all the food thus far. Here is what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast: Kiwi Blackberry Smoothie
Lunch: Seaweed Salad with Carrot and Avocado
Dinner: Portabello Mushroom Stuffed Acorn Squash and Green Veggie Soup
All of this has been luxurious, tasty and an opportunity to expand my recipe repertoire. I'm not hungry, in fact, I've had to cut the portions down. My all time favorite dish so far has been the raw carrot soup from day 1. I feel like the fun and the ease of resisting temptation will certainly recede as I hit the all juice days. My boyfriend already almost broke down and ate chips last night so he cleared his kitchen of all temptation. I am scared, but looking forward to the challenge of making it to the end.
Here are the recipes for Day 2 if you're interested.
More like this:
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- So Far, So Great! — Oct. 13, 2011
- Melancholia Star Kirsten Dunst Laments the Roles She Lost Due to Big-Breastedness — Oct. 11, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- 100 Worst Album Covers of All Time — May 25, 2011