Content for Thursday, March 21, 2013
- Danielle LoPresti battling stage III non-Hodgkins lymphoma cancer.
- Papa Doug's son says he is for same-sex marriage
- Hasta La Vista, Chicano Park?
- Quail Brush, Pio Pico turned down, but....
- Is sealpunching the new bumfighting?
- Tentatively, judge sides with Filner in TMD dispute
- There goes the neighborhood
- Fluoride From Tea Can Cause Bone and Tooth Damage
- Cannabazaar: A Tribute to Cannabis Culture
- Bowery boy Scorsese pens impassioned plea to preserve old neighborhood
- Mother kills two young daughters, then self, in Rosarito
- U.S. Border Patrol is still thinking about it
- Women In Jazz this sunday
- Phuong Trang
- March Maddening: NCAA and SDSU
- Big labor spends $75,000 for Democrat in fourth district council race
- **[email protected]@K** RARE VINTAGE "CARPETBAGGERS" VHS CHEAP $148.90
- San Diego home values, rents keep rising sharply
- Golden Hill’s Kafe Sobaka: What size borscht? Communist or Socialist?
- News rack ordinance adopted along San Diego bay front
News & Stories
The upcoming local breweries I'm most excited about.
Remainders of the Holocaust in one of Europe's iconic cities.
“Josefov.” The center of Jewish influence in Prague. A few other temples are scattered around the oldest part of the city, but Josefov is the vortex of Prague’s Jewish past. It was this name of ...
Border waits partly to blame
Baja California residents spend three times more money in the U.S. than do Americans visiting south of the border, according to Armando Rogelio Lara Valle, the director of Baja California's planning and development committee. According ...
Wastewater flowed at about 32 gallons per minute
On Monday, March 18, with currents and wind pushing north, the San Diego County Department of Environmental Health closed all beaches in Imperial Beach due to a suspected sewage spill from the Tijuana River mouth. ...
Sometimes it’s hard to say “sayonara”
Last week, from March 11–15, 19 students and two teachers from Minami High School in Toyama, Japan, attended San Dieguito Academy High School in Encinitas. The students attended Japanese and English classes every day and ...
Behind Basel, Switzerland’s bourgeois persona is a mind-blowing history currently experiencing its 70th anniversary. Inside the walled-off compound where multinational pharmaceutical giant Novartis (formed when Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz merged) is headquartered is a futuristic glassy-steel ...