Julie Stalmer 9:30 a.m., Nov. 17
Bowery boy Scorsese pens impassioned plea to preserve old neighborhood
It was the first story to cross the transom this morning. Groggy me reached for the nearest pair of Big!Lots readers in order to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks and that Marty had not announced plans to resurrect Satch, Slip, and Louie.
Au contraire, mon Capitán! In a raging letter to Amanda Burden, Chair of New York's City Planning Commission, Marty implored that an end be put to the real rain of high-rise apartment buildings and condos that threaten to wash away the heritage of the Bowery.
Don't fuck with His backlot, ya' hear what I'm saying?
More like this:
- It's beginning to look a lot like Oscar — Aug. 7, 2013
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 5 - Sunday — July 21, 2013
- Go tell it on the mountain: a pictorial history of the Paramount logo — May 6, 2013
- See the book, read the movie — April 4, 2013
- If I cast the upcoming big screen adaptation of Good Times — March 13, 2013