Eastlake boomed and then busted in the housing crisis.
- Baja California’s drop in murder rate confirmed by government statistics
- Ex-hospital head pleads guilty to embezzlement
- No known witnesses yet in Jackson lawsuit, says Filner's lawyer
- Hitting the G Spot: G Street Deli
- Allison Adams Tucker: Django unchained Aug. 4
- Former council candidate Phil Thalheimer has $1.1 million in outstanding loans he gave to his campaign
- Casting Katy Perry's Blade Runner sequel the right way.
- HERE IS...
- Builder touts "green" component of massive Mission Valley development
- Everyone complains about the weather...
- Dept. of Final Bows: Jonathan Winters and Orson Welles
- 4th row center: Begging for a movie
- Not a story, says Maienschein of his lobbyist dating
- Oceanside Mayor Jim Wood to take on Supervisor Bill Horn in 2014
- Manning supporters rally in wake of verdict
- Mexico’s cruise stops struggling to maintain
News & Stories
There are no plans to raise rates for rooftop solar users, SDG&E spokeswoman Stephanie Donovan said in a July 30 interview. "There is nothing in the current proposed rate design," she said. The prospect of ...
Roscoe Riddle, 18, of Murietta, fought for 30 minutes with a large bat ray before it was hoisted onto the planks of the Oceanside Pier on July 28. The catch drew a steady stream of ...
San Diego painter and "builder of all things cool" has a sweet facility downtown that's immune to the effects of sun and moon.
While Noble Experiment is the worst kept secret among San Diego saloons, its sister ship, Polite Provisions, has a number of secrets yet to be discovered. “Here at Polite Provisions,” says bartender Aaron Zieske, “we’re ...
Detroit native takes her solo exhibition to Queen Bee's Art & Cultural Center in North Park.
Tijuana's La Segunda newspaper this week offered a report that sanitary meat — be it beef, chicken, or pork — is out of control in Tijuana, devoid of any kind of quality control or review. ...
Two things catch my attention: First, the song coming out of this eatery — “You Don’t Own Me.” Leslie Gore. I know it ’cause Carla sings it every time she thinks I’m pushing my weight ...
Easily accessible falls and multiple crossings of the Sweetwater River through chaparral, riparian, and meadow habitats.
Both concert venues RIMAC and Jenny Craig Pavilion (at UCSD and USD, respectively) have had a sharp decline in shows presented there, largely due to the fact that booze can’t be sold when school is in session.
Everything you always wanted to know about honeybees but never thought to ask is answered in the sweet documentary More than Honey. Who knew that one-third of what we eat would not exist without these ...
Shakedown club booker Josh Barnes goes independent because new owner Anilee Griffin has changed the way things are done too much.
Escondido taco-shop owner Juan Rivas got into an altercation with his employees a week before Christmas. Though he claimed not to have been an instigator, he did go to jail for slashing at employees with a utility knife/tool.
They’re wedded to avoidance behavior, abetted by gallons of vino fino.
Does icPurple, that so-called independent expenditure committee set up by La Jolla computer mega-millionaire Ted Waitt to back Nathan Fletcher’s run for mayor last year, have a big future? Ex-Assemblyman Fletcher, who switched from Republican ...
When Democrat Bob Filner was a congressman, he could always count on plenty of campaign cash from the Falics, a well-heeled Florida family who own a string of duty-free shops along the U.S.-Mexico border all ...
A Vista resident who can't read English says he's victimized by a bank's fine print.
Reggae may seem forgotten in San Diego, but it’s not. Upcoming shows and DJ acts prove it.
Correction Last week’s cover photo incorrectly identified the girl in front of Panca’s mural as Panca. We regret the error. — Editor Defending Marines On your recent cover (“Baja Is Back,” July 25) you made ...