The U.S. State Department has just issued its most recent advisory for U.S. citizens contemplating travel to Baja California, prompting an angry response from Tijuana mayor Carlos Bustamante. The advisory, issued on Friday, July 12, ...
- Port, Sunroad sued over planned waterfront restaurant
- Rural/Metro ambulance service has deep financial problems
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 2 - Thursday
- Filner case is falling apart at the seams
- Sonex brings traditional Veracruz sounds to the Barrio
- The San Diego Lantern Festival celebrates Little Saigon
- God, Please Hold My Calls
- A Bully is A Bully is A Bully
- County unemployment rate rises to 7.3% in June
- Comic-Con 2013 hires Nerd Herders to keep crowds moving smoothly
- 'Love Network' leveled as Jerry-less Telethon moves to ABC
- Orange County community college to offer courses to Miramar brig inmates
- Detroit files for Chapter 9 bankruptcy
- Mike Dee tapped for President and CEO of the Padres
- Because Acting for Dummies is too literal
- Sequestration pinching San Diego economy
- Interview with Still Mine star James Cromwell
- Less than 4% of Baja California homicides in 2012 resulted in convictions
- Peters listed as member of mystery donor non-profit
- Saxon on sax
- Does City Attorney Jan Goldsmith have a future in politics?
- 11 celebrity comedy teams we'd like to see
- Control the Border Patrol, protesters demand
- 1887 on the Bay: Happy hour racing ribs!
News & Stories
Alpine Beer Co. (2351 Alpine Boulevard, Alpine) benefits from a rabid cult following. On the surface, this is the perfect situation, but for many years this small brewery has been unable to produce anywhere near ...
Saluting five years of easy love for the hard stuff, the San Diego Spirits Festival kicks off on Saturday, August 24 at the Broadway Pier Port Pavilion. The two-day jubilee promises cocktails, culinary confections, and ...
After exploring the dizzy heights of the Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce National Parks, we had low expectations for Utah’s lesser-known Canyonlands. One week on the road and landscape fatigue was starting to wear us ...
One of the most popular events on Opening Day at the Del Mar racetrack is the Hats Contest. Entrants are judged in five categories: 1) Most Glamorous 2) Best Fascinator 3) Best Racing Theme 4) ...
As I was bicycling away from the OB Farmers’ Market to catch the sunset on July 17, I came upon a man named Eric, who was being arrested. He was obviously inebriated and was being ...
Approaching the island of Ometepe is a bit foreboding. As the ferry moves nearer and nearer, it's too easy to invoke movie images of Jurassic Park or King Kong. The tops of the two volcanoes ...
Remember the building boom that skyrocketed in California almost a decade ago? No? That’s because most people in the construction industry are trying to forget the crash that followed. But the pop-pop of nailguns and ...
Opening day at the Del Mar Racetrack was packed. True to San Diego form a wide variety of spectators were in attendance. There were young 20-somethings, the middle-age set, families with young children, tourists, and ...