Content for Friday, January 4, 2013
- Jefferson and the bar
- Baja & Border News Translations: Kuwait Ambassador Visits BC
- Sora on Broadway: Drink and ye shall eat
- Baja & Border News Translations: New Customs Facility was Once a Narcotunnel; Domestic Violence Allegations Increase
- Derrick puts Tina in her place!
- Free movie of the week: Django!
- Shames sues UCAN
- Luncheon at Pamplemousse Grille
- City denies permits to San Diego's annual Earth Day event
- Reading Cinemas 40-Foot Film series goes DCP
- Guaderrama out as Paso Robles police chief
- Wrestlers vs. bodybuilders: a look at 2013's cinematic beefcake parade
- Opening this week
- Fox 5's Josh 'Water' Board spits in reporter's eye during Zero Dark Thirty review
- Fence-hopping felon nabbed in La Mesa
- Human head found in Rosarito
- Riverside: Teen Gunned down while handcuffed my Opinion?
- A closer look at the red-band trailer for the Evil Dead remake
- The Navy's new assault on bath salts
- Peregrine accountant defrocked
- Suds, second chances at The Local
- God is a cashier
- The Starting Line(ish): New Year’s Eve Fiscal Cliff Edition
- Better Than Red-Light Cameras?
- Kalina Village House
- Fallbrook deputies saw the body in the back
- East Village seeks entryway sign
- National unemployment rate stays at 7.8%
News & Stories
Shortage for patients and employees
The troublesome parking situation at the VA Medical Center in La Jolla began to percolate about a decade ago; for a few reasons, it has now boiled over. Space remains finite. Most mornings, lines of ...
Driver pistol-whipped, leads to crash
Minutes after pistol-whipping a bus driver unconscious, an alleged thief was run over by the same bus he had just robbed in the Nueva Tijuana neighborhood of the city, the Tijuana daily Frontera reports. The ...
Get off the tourist track and see undiscovered Caribbean coast.
Most of the Caribbean has long since lost its authenticity, being overrun by cruise ships, high-pressure touts and one too many Jimmy Buffet wannabes. But there are still a few places where you can find ...
(Reputedly) one of the world's most haunted places.
For days he had been calling me. And it was always revolving around the same subject. "You gotta come here and check it out. You won't believe it." My brother had moved from San Diego ...
A Thing Called Divine Fits could also be called a thing that Britt Daniel (Spoon) and Daniel Boeckner (Wolf Parade) came up with during downtime from their full-time bands. A Thing Called Divine Fits could ...