Mike Madriaga 2:30 p.m., Sept. 19
Tim Sullivan Joins Louisville Courier-Journal
Sports columnist Tim Sullivan, recently fired by the UT, has been hired as a sports columnist by the Louisville Courier-Journal, the newspaper announced ten minutes ago. The hookup has been rumored for some time. Sullivan tells me that "basketball is a religion in Kentucky," so that will be a major thrust of his columns, covering the University of Louisville, University of Kentucky, and other basketball-obsessed schools in the state.
He will also do more on horse racing, he says, although he has already covered 18 Kentucky Derby races. His wife, Lisa, is still on the staff of the UT, but Sullivan hopes she will be joining him in Kentucky. Sullivan had been with the Cincinnati Enquirer for 25 years, the last 18 as a columnist. Then he was with the U-T (now UT) for ten years.
More like this:
- UT Bringing in VP of Sports — July 2, 2012
- Tim Sullivan Tells His Side of the Story — June 4, 2012
- Another Honest Journalist Canned by U-T — June 2, 2012
- UT, Orange County Register Will Join Forces, Says Lynch — May 9, 2012
- Derbytime — April 30, 2008