Marty Graham 4:24 p.m., June 20
Assorted film festival news
The Oceanside International Film Festival has invited 3 of Mira Costa College's finest to join the official jury. Twin brothers Andrew Reynolds and Brandon Reynolds, both graduates of Vista High, study film at the community college. Stephanie Scurry-Phillips, who studies Recording Arts at MCC, lives in Oceanside. All three students are part of the MCC College Backstage Players.
The trio, along with other industry insiders, will judge the Student Film Category. Next year's festival will be held on August 3-10 at Oceanside's Star Theatre.
Meanwhile, back on El Cajon Blvd., the Media Arts Center is looking for submissions for the 21st Annual San Diego Latino Film Festival. The normal entry deadline is tomorrow. (Don't blame me folks. The email arrived yesterday.)
Fortunately for you budding Kubricks insistent on doing 90 takes, the abnormal drop-dead deadline is November 8. Entry fees range from $40 for short films and $60 for a feature. Click to apply.
I had a great talk yesterday with programming guru, Brian Hu, about his upcoming schedule for the San Diego Asian Film Festival. My pleas for a program booklet were immediately answered. Having just gone to the printer, it will be a week or so before I hold a copy in my eager little hands. Until that time, here's a sneak preview.
More like this:
- ComicFest Day 3 Photo Report: Russ Heath, Batton Lash, more — Oct. 7, 2013
- ComicFest Day 2 Photo Report: Sci-fi fans & Jokerman — Oct. 5, 2013
- Name That Logo: Deluxe Warner Bros. Edition — Sept. 19, 2013
- Holy Top Ten Movie Moseses! Ridley Scott to direct Exodus — Aug. 27, 2013
- SDLFF Wraps "Jewish Latino Film Series" and Puts Out Call for Festival Entries — July 10, 2012