Trailer Park: American Hustle
"Sell the sizzle, not the steak" applies here in at least two ways.
Other folks have already commented on the fact that here, at long last, is a trailer that gives you the feeling of a movie without spilling out nine of its ten plot points. That's "sell the sizzle, not the steak" number one.
But number two has to do with the skin game. I don't know if Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence are about to get on Seth MacFarlane's "We Saw Your Boobs" list, but I kinda doubt it. And here's the thing: they don't need to. They sell the sizzle plenty hard right here in the trailer. Let's take a look.
The Flying V:
The formal plunge:
The distracted driver:
The - and forgive me, but there's no other way to say this - butt bongo:
The his-and-hers necklines:
And finally, the pretty white kitty:
More like this:
- Trailer Park: Seventh Son — Aug. 2, 2013
- Trailer Park: Compulsion — July 10, 2013
- Trailer Park: Last Vegas — May 23, 2013
- Trailer Park: Pacific Rim — May 1, 2013
- Trailer Park: Pain & Gain: Michael Bay doesn't care about your stinkin' lyrics, man — March 27, 2013