Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Aug. 21
The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life
Once again I dig deep into my treasure-trove of DVDs and come up with an arcane collection of title-cards and key-artwork.
This time around we have a bumper-crop of pictures with themes ranging from incest, madness, and combat to vanity, vice, and gold digging. There are three death-wishes, two bloody mummies (if you count Judith Anderson's wicked stepmother) and one shinebox! The passion burns deep and the heat this summer, and every summer, is at Saint Elmo's Fire. It's our time at the edge. Don't ever let the fire go out.
There will be brief stopovers at Hollywood Boulevard, the Pacific, a Himalayan brothel-cum-convent, in Bruges, and jolly old Brooklyn, England where we will watch all of Paul Kersey-Kimball's friends, loved-ones, and casual acquaintances live out their personal death wishes. (More on Death Wish III tomorrow!)
Your job, as always, is to ascertain which ones open the feature and which ones adorn the trailers.
More like this:
- The Title or Trailer Game IV: Catch It! — March 20, 2012
- Unexpected Beatles Art: Fab 4 Turns Up in the Oddest Places — Feb. 11, 2012
- Casting Candy Land — Feb. 2, 2012
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz III: The Heretic — Nov. 14, 2011
- The Title or Trailer Game 2: The New Batch — Nov. 7, 2011