Syltoya Sterling 5:30 p.m., Sept. 3
The Title or Trailer Game 2: The New Batch
Today's festive crop of title art and/or trailer legends yields coke in the budget, coke in the floorboards, a decapitated tourist, vikings, gremlins, a big bad mama (and the even more suffocating Midge), hoofers, surfers, a colossus (and I don't mean La Roberts trying to cram her ego in Wrigley Field), Igby, Shu Qi, a Times Square cowboy, and Rock Hudson as John Wesley Hardin. Your job is to tell me whether the banner art derives from the film's opening (or closing) title sequence or its trailer.
I dedicated this grueling round to my trolley-driving friend, JC and, if I am correct, a certain "Spy Smasher" doubling as Agent 00711, the only two brave (bored?) enough to play along at home.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- Part 6: Famous Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen (Exclusive) — Dec. 8, 2011
- Part 4: Famous Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen (Exclusive) — Nov. 30, 2011
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz III: The Heretic — Nov. 14, 2011