Scott Marks 4:19 p.m., June 19
Just added: San Carlos Holler! A place to share anything and everything about this neighborhood: compliments/critiques, lost-n-found items, recommendations, neighborhood crime watch, you name it!
Bars, restaurants, and places to go:
- Second Wind (San Carlos) 8515 Navajo Road
- Nicolosi's Italian Restaurant 7005 Navajo Road
Parks | Outdoor Spaces
- Cowles Mountain Navajo Road and Golfcrest Drive
- Lake Murray Community Park 7001 Murray Park Drive
- Mission Trails Regional Park One Father Junípero Serra Trail
Places of Worship
- Community Church Of San Diego 7811 Mission Gorge Rd.
- San Carlos United Methodist Church 6554 Cowles Mountain Boulevard
- St. Andrew's Lutheran Church 8350 Lake Murray Boulevard
- St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church 6556 Park Ridge Boulevard
- Tifereth Israel Synagogue 6660 Cowles Mountain Boulevard
- Fresh & Easy 8788 Navajo Road
San Carlos Photos
San Carlos Events
|Wednesday, June 19, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Saturday, June 22, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Sunday, June 23, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Wednesday, June 26, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Saturday, June 29, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.|
Total number of events in San Carlos: 21
San Carlos Articles
Reopening of Kumeyaay Lake, new fire station, and more
The June 10 San Diego City Council 2014 budget deliberations will include requests from two new councilmembers for funds to reopen the Mission Trails Regional Park campground known as Kumeyaay Lake. Fifth District councilman Mark ...
Crows ’n’ Ravens 101
Winona Sollock, a Mission Trails Regional Park trail guide and resident birder, used to collect parrots and moved with 65 birds in 1988 to "the last house on a hill" east of Temecula. Sollock bred ...
And, more accurately, call it “Coals” Mountain
The main trailhead leading to the peak of 1591-foot-high Cowles Mountain is scheduled to reopen May 18, a date coinciding with Explore Mission Trails Regional Park Day, a celebration for the park that includes Cowles ...
Ex-mayoral candidate decides to “stay in the game”
Carl DeMaio referred to a defeat and some victories during his talk at the May 1 San Carlos Area Council meeting. He also weighed in on the proposed City of San Diego budget and discussed ...
Trail closed March 25 to April 17
For hikers it’s exercise rewarded with 360º panoramic views. For Cowles Mountain it’s trail damage and habitat destruction. Hikers anticipating a challenging spring break hike up Cowles Mountain at the Golfcrest trailhead in San Carlos ...