Eva Knott 4:04 a.m., May 23
Just added: San Carlos Holler! A place to share anything and everything about this neighborhood: compliments/critiques, lost-n-found items, recommendations, neighborhood crime watch, you name it!
Bars, restaurants, and places to go:
- Second Wind (San Carlos) 8515 Navajo Road
- Nicolosi's Italian Restaurant 7005 Navajo Road
Parks | Outdoor Spaces
- Cowles Mountain Navajo Road and Golfcrest Drive
- Lake Murray Community Park 7001 Murray Park Drive
- Mission Trails Regional Park One Father Junípero Serra Trail
Places of Worship
- Community Church Of San Diego 7811 Mission Gorge Rd.
- San Carlos United Methodist Church 6554 Cowles Mountain Boulevard
- St. Andrew's Lutheran Church 8350 Lake Murray Boulevard
- St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church 6556 Park Ridge Boulevard
- Tifereth Israel Synagogue 6660 Cowles Mountain Boulevard
- Fresh & Easy 8788 Navajo Road
San Carlos Photos
San Carlos Events
|Saturday, May 25, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, May 25, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Sunday, May 26, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Sunday, May 26, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Wednesday, May 29, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
Total number of events in San Carlos: 20
San Carlos Articles
And, more accurately, call it “Coals” Mountain
The main trailhead leading to the peak of 1591-foot-high Cowles Mountain is scheduled to reopen May 18, a date coinciding with Explore Mission Trails Regional Park Day, a celebration for the park that includes Cowles ...
Ex-mayoral candidate decides to “stay in the game”
Carl DeMaio referred to a defeat and some victories during his talk at the May 1 San Carlos Area Council meeting. He also weighed in on the proposed City of San Diego budget and discussed ...
Trail closed March 25 to April 17
For hikers it’s exercise rewarded with 360º panoramic views. For Cowles Mountain it’s trail damage and habitat destruction. Hikers anticipating a challenging spring break hike up Cowles Mountain at the Golfcrest trailhead in San Carlos ...
Not enough “points” to justify it
San Carlos Navajo Community Planners, Inc. (NCPI) on March 18 voted 8-1 to take an alternate method of requesting a four-way stop at Cowles Mountain Boulevard and Boulder Lake Avenue, a San Carlos intersection that ...
Gives crime-fighting tips, asks for a Facebook “like”
At the March 6 San Carlos Area Council meeting, San Diego district attorney Bonnie Dumanis asked if anyone in the audience was the victim of identity theft. One woman raised her hand; another said, "A ...