Ed Bedford 11:44 p.m., June 19
Just added: Lakeside Holler! A place to share anything and everything about this neighborhood: compliments/critiques, lost-n-found items, recommendations, neighborhood crime watch, you name it!
Bars, restaurants, and places to go:
- Barona Resort & Casino 1932 Wildcat Canyon Road
- Lakeside Community Center 9841 Vine Street
- Olde Community Church 9906 Maine Avenue
Museums and Public Art
- Barona Cultural Center and Museum 1095 Barona Road
Parks | Outdoor Spaces
- El Monte County Park 15805 El Monte Road
- Lakeside River Park Mapleview Street and Channel Road
- Lakeside's River Park Conservancy 12108 Industry Road
- Louis Stelzer County Park 11470 Wildcat Canyon Road
- Oak Oasis Open Space Preserve 12620 Wildcat Canyon Road
- Silverwood Sanctuary 13003 Wildcat Canyon Road
Places of Worship
- Hill Country Community Church 8950 Lakeview Road
- Lakeside Christian Church 13739 El Monte Road
- Lakeside Community Presbyterian Church 9908 Channel Road
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church 13208 Lakeshore Dr.
- KRC Rock - Lakeside 11655 Woodside Avenue
Sports | Fitness
- Barona Drag Strip 1750 Wildcat Canyon Road
- Lakeside Baseball Park 10030 Marathon Parkway
- Lakeside Polo Club 10631 Ashwood Street
- Therapeutic Equestrian Activities Center for the Handicapped 12152 Moreno Avenue
- East Side Repertory Theatre 10009 Maine Avenue
|Friday, June 21, noon to midnight|
|Saturday, June 22, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Saturday, October 12, 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.|
Total number of events in Lakeside: 3
Lakeside. Unless you live there, you probably only know it as that rodeo alcove of tweekers, rednecks, and Klansmen out past Santee. Often the butt of the joke, Lakeside touts a handful of merits that ...
Entertainers and hunters
Lindo Lake Park in Lakeside has become a hotspot for wildlife photographers. This year’s rains brought enough water to fill the east basin, bringing with it again an abundance of wildlife. Many shore birds have ...
Sand mine becomes riparian willow forest in Lakeside.
This hike features the work of a local conservancy to restore this section of the San Diego River.
Recently stocked with catfish
Cars lined up for the first weekend of night-fishing at Lake Jennings on May 17. The lake — actually a water-supply reservoir — is open until midnight every Friday and Saturday night until Labor Day. ...