Eric Bartl 2:37 p.m., July 23
- Eric Wayne Thorsgard is a “full patch” member of the Hells Angels.
Eva Knott and the Reader
Oceanside, Escondido, Rancho Santa Fe, Solana Beach, Rincon, Carlsbad, Encinitas
- The bar is called One More That’s It. Regulars refer to it as OMTI — they say “ohmtee.” The low-profile bar is located on the northern coast of San Diego County, near Camp Pendleton....Thor must have believed the old guy would enjoy revisiting the colors for a moment, because Thor opened up his overcoat to show the Hells Angels colors he was wearing underneath. The old man “bowed up” and puffed out his chest and Wayne said, “I saw that as a threat, so I punched him.” (July 25, 2012) .
- “I was looking back through the Safari search history, really not wanting to find anything,” Jim said later. “Suddenly, I find myself staring at 22 videos on how to build and trigger a pipe bomb. I stopped breathing, and instantly thought, He did it!" (Aug. 15, 2012)
- “She wasn’t a good neighbor. And that may sound like I’m giving you a reason to believe that I attacked her, but she wasn’t a good neighbor. And that’s the bottom line. She was noisy and the animals were noisy." (Nov. 28, 2018)
- “I don’t know where I will be in the near future but I guess that wouldn’t be your concern either, since you made very clear to me that you don’t want me in your life. I will always remember and love you as my good old ‘Hua Hua.’ I will do my best to block out your ugly face I saw last time. I know that’s not you, my son.” (May 22, 2013)
- A small silver car violently scraped along the side of his Acura where it picked up the police officer and threw him. Michael looked up and was shocked to see the officer flying head over heels. “It was horrific.” After he saw the officer “airborne,” the next thing in his sight was the little car speeding away. (Dec. 13, 2017)
- Kim saw the two men come outside and walk up a pathway to the pergola; it was a high spot on the property where they could sit and visit. Kim went in the house and washed her fresh veggies and stored them and then came back outside. She could see the men talking. “I knew my husband was very excited to see his son.” She walked up and joined them. “I sat in a third chair to enjoy the conversation.” (Aug. 22, 2018)
- "On every reservation, there’s a ballpark. People, usually, when they are partying, they go to the ballpark, and they spin. Just kind of [driving] around in circles, like, spinning in the dirt.” It was something the friends could do together. “Amber had always spun. I didn’t know how to spin in my truck, she told me how to do it, and I was trying it.” (Jan. 25, 2012)
- McDavid said he was working at Iron Sights, an indoor shooting range in Oceanside, when he met Lovejoy in 2015. He worked as a salesman behind the counter. Lovejoy came into the facility and bought a handgun from a different salesman, according to McDavid. She started her shooting lessons with a married couple, the owners of Iron Sights, but Lovejoy soon began to take lessons from McDavid. (Feb. 21, 2018)
- When an Escondido police detective contacted Vukov in October, she began with denials. “She told me she didn’t know anything about a missing dog,” said detective Stephen Thompson. But then Vukov admitted that she did take Elvis. Vukov told Thompson that she rescued the dog because she believed it was being mistreated. The detective remembered Vukov telling him that “it was underfed and that it was out in the sun.” (Oct. 26, 2011)
- “You see, I was far away, and I did not go to him.” The prosecutor claimed that Vilkin purposefully lured Upton to his death. But Vilkin denied that he was lying in wait — he said if that was his intention he could have gotten a rifle and “I would wait in the bushes.” (Jan. 21, 2015)