Content for Tuesday, July 30, 2013
- El Cajon man removed from hiding spot under parked car by police dog
- City votes to sue for Filner legal fees after giving 500k to Goldsmith to defend a sexual predator
- Another day, another accusation against Filner that has little to no substance
- Q: How many times did Helen Keller meet Charlie Chaplin?
- Barbara Dennerlein + Daniel Jackson: live in Balboa Park
- When you wish upon a fish
- Pasaje Rodríguez: Papas & Beer & El Muertho
- Trailer Park: Paul Schrader's The Canyons
- The Brainless Summer
- California rocker accused of hiring hitman is due in court this week
- Councilmember Lorie Zapf collects $130k in six months nearly $36k from fundraisers hosted by Sudberry Properties
- $2.1 million in scholarship dollars awarded
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, the Musical at Intrepid Shakespeare
- More special interest cash rolls into Filner's political fund
- Local real estate values continue soaring
- MR. SPIDER, COME BACK!
- Wife of ranch manager is suspected of stealing items
- "Flip" investors backing out of housing market
- City Attorney Jan Goldsmith says recall law is unconstitutional and should be struck down.
- Coronado City & School District Refuse Public Records Request
News & Stories
Two small WIP companies find added strength in each other
Last year, when attending a meeting of local cheesemaking club QuesoDiego, I met someone whose zeal for craftsmanship seeped like runny Cancoillotte from fromage into the fermentation arts. His name is Wes McCann and, while ...
And the daughter of the mountain betraying her emotion by her limbs like quivering young kadamba-shoots, stood with head bent, her face all the more lovely with her turned-away glance. Then the three-eyed god [Kama], ...
Other victim soon back to work
As has been widely reported, Sweetwater Union High School District trustee John McCann was in a serious accident on July 24. The two- car collision occurred in Chula Vista on Telegraph Canyon Road. The police ...
Local print zine finds its footing in open-submission multimedia art.
Discovering the rainforest's magic.
My wife and I were deep in the Amazonian rainforest of northern Peru, traveling on a small river boat. Our local guide, Uciel, was born and raised in this tropical jungle, and his passion for ...