Don Bauder 4 p.m., Oct. 16
Natural Log Skateboards bring handcrafted decks to Lafayette Hotel & Swim Club
North Park hotel hosts artist of the month, surf-rock, acoustic folk, and a dance party in the Top Gun room.
Eirik Nordgaard and Thomas Brierton craft custom decks out of recycled oak overlaid with select wood in designs inspired by the sidewalk surfboards of the ‘70s.
Artists MR.DVICE, Eric Borja, Jack Stricker, and Max Mcilwee will be displaying finished and live skate deck paintings using mediums such as acrylic, oil, and spray paint.
The boards will then be donated for an auction benefitting the grassroots Lakeside Skatepark committee.
Melissa Circello of Mellie's Handmade Designs will be showing her handcrafted jewelry works.
Andy Mauser brings retro surf-rock jams followed by acoustic folk balladeers The Verigolds.
Dance party after with DJ Sly in the Mississippi Ballroom (of Top Gun infamy).
The historic Lafayette - whose inaugural guest was Bob Hope - recently completed $8 million in renovations.
Join in for a poolside dine-in movie every Friday through mid-April.
More like this:
- Pasaje Gomez: Tijuana Art Walk — Aug. 27, 2013
- Tijuana Vegetarian Cuisine & Arts Fair sprouts up in Food Garden — Aug. 22, 2013
- SD Union three-year anniversary with Total Science and Gridlok — Aug. 13, 2013
- Matthewdavid, Sixties Guns, Karaoke, and Joshua Brandon at Moustache Bar — June 21, 2013
- Surf art & music event paddles into Lafayette Hotel — Feb. 19, 2013