Pasaje Gomez: Tijuana Art Walk
Art passage hosts all-day open galleries, workshops, and live music.
Pasaje Gomez (located next to Hotel Lafayette between Third and Fourth streets on the east side of Revolución) is hosting the Tijuana Art Walk on Saturday, September 14 from noon to midnight.
“[The art walk] was born with the idea of promoting and collaborating with Tijuana’s artistic community and demonstrating their talent and creative efforts,” the website reads.
In addition to showcasing local artists, the event will feature workshops, activities for kids, DJs Andy B. Cool and Masala, and live music from Sonidero Travesura, V420’s, Dubus, Somos un Soundsystem, Jablonsky, Adeumazel, Openelope, Bonfire Madrigan, Victor Rosas, and Monica Camacho.
Refresh your browser if Soundcloud embed does not load.
The free festival will take place on the weekend of Mexico’s Independence Day in the revitalized art alleyway of Pasaje Gomez– a former souvenir arcade that went out of business following post-9/11 border tightening and was recently restored as a center for art, music, and the cozy Kafe Muah.
More like this:
- Tijuana Vegetarian Cuisine & Arts Fair sprouts up in Food Garden — Aug. 22, 2013
- El Tigre Digital: Mamut Brewery Co. grand opening featuring Sonidero Travesura — Aug. 9, 2013
- Matthewdavid, Sixties Guns, Karaoke, and Joshua Brandon at Moustache Bar — June 21, 2013
- Arts & Trees: summer DIY flea market in downtown Tijuana — May 1, 2013
- Slug & Tug: art/music of Tijuana and Mexicali in Normal Heights — Dec. 28, 2012