Girls in Gelatin and Dude Body Shots
“I’ve been training and have some tricks up my onesie,” says Lilly Holiday from House of Pink BoomBox burlesque and performance art group. “The derby girls don’t know what they’ve got coming - The Pink Fury is in town. They will feel the Boomness.”
The Pink Fury will hit the Jell-o pool in a pink Hello Kitty lucha libre mask and a silver one-piece bathing suit tonight for the second annual Jell-o wrestling event at Bourbon Street Bar & Grill in University Heights.
“I don’t have a history with Jell-o wrestling,” the Pink Fury says, “only shenanigan causing and face-pushing. But there will be Jell-o shots, and I have a posse of clowns coming to cheer me on.”
If girls in gelatin ain’t your thing, male models will be available for body shots.
There will be an open bar from 7 to 9 hosted by Smirnoff Vodka with food trays from Bourbon Street and Lei Lounge, and $1 dollar jello shots all night long.
Entertainment includes a live band from 7 to 10 and DJ RAJ from 10 to 1:30.
Tickets are $10 in advance or with flyer and $15 at the door.
Proceeds benefit LGBTQ teen suicide prevention in partnership with the It Gets Better Project and the Love Out Loud Project
Tonight – 7 p.m.
Bourbon Street Bar & Grill - 4612 Park Boulevard
More like this:
- Comic Book Vixens: superhero burlesque smackdown in Hillcrest — Dec. 23, 2012
- Could it be a sexy trail of tears? — Nov. 22, 2012
- All My Friends Festival at the Millionaire's Mansion — Sept. 16, 2011
- Hungarian Carnival Birlesk at Til Two Club Tonight — Aug. 26, 2011
- Eat Your Heart and Brains Out Burlesque — June 25, 2011