Dave Rice 4:30 p.m., Oct. 19
Over 7.5 tons of marijuana seized in Tijuana
Large seizures continue in Tijuana as authorities fight major trafficking operations
Several busts occurred during the week of February 17th, which netted over 7.5 tons of marijuana in the city of Tijuana. The largest seizure occurred Wednesday evening, February 20th, in the delegación Cerro Colorado area of Tijuana. An arrest led authorities to a building where over seven tons of marijuana was being kept. Another suspect was arrested at the property.
Other smaller seizures occurred across the city during the week. The second largest seizure of the week consisted of an alleged drug trafficker found with 161 kilograms (354.9 pounds) of marijuana in his vehicle.
The larger seizure is believed to have been the property of "El Aquiles" and the Sinaloa Cartel, the dominant traffickers in the area.
More like this:
- Large drug seizures on both sides of border — Aug. 5, 2013
- Authorities seize over one ton of marijuana from Tijuana residence — May 11, 2013
- Over 1.5 Tons of Pot Seized in TJ — June 18, 2012
- Tijuana Police Seize Over 1 Ton of Marijuana — April 8, 2012
- Over 7 Tons of Marijuana Seized in Baja — March 6, 2012