Matt Potter 1:30 p.m., Nov. 17
Authorities seize over one ton of marijuana from Tijuana residence
Suspect led authorities to home where large stash was hidden
Over one ton of marijuana was seized at a residence in the early hours of Friday, May 10th, according to state authorities. State police arrested 27 year old Edgar Saldaña Torres, when found with marijuana in a vehicle, who then led police to the residence holding the drugs. Three women and five children were living at the eastern Tijuana home at the time of the seizure. In total, 1,075 kilograms (2365.56 pounds) of the drug were seized.
Saldaña Torres cooperated with authorities, giving details on loading vehicles with marijuana before they travel into the United States.
More like this:
- Over 7.5 tons of marijuana seized in Tijuana — Feb. 25, 2013
- Another Huge Pot Bust, 22 Tons Seized at Checkpoint — June 21, 2012
- Over 1.5 Tons of Pot Seized in TJ — June 18, 2012
- 1.3 Tons of Pot Seized in Tijuana — May 17, 2012
- BORDER NEWS TRANSLATIONS 6: Way Up In Smoke — April 9, 2011