Dorian Hargrove 9:31 p.m., May 23
Large drug seizures on both sides of border
Meth, cocaine, heroin, and marijuana seized along the U.S.-Mexico border
A series of large drug seizures, by law enforcement departments on both sides of the border, have occurred over the last week. The largest seizure occurred at the Otay Mesa cargo facility on July 30. According to Customs and Border Protection officers, large boxes of marijuana were found in a semi-trailer that was valued at $940,000.
On July 31, authorities at the San Ysidro port of entry seized 10 pounds of heroin and 40 pounds of cocaine from a passenger vehicle. A 23 year old female California resident was arrested.
Also on July 31, a mother and daughter were stopped at the Calexico port of entry while attempting to smuggle 30 pounds of methamphetamine. The 53 and 19 year old women were arrested.
In Tijuana, 288 pounds of marijuana were seized from a group of men who were transporting the drugs near the border, on August 2. According to local authorities, another 374 pounds of marijuana was seized on August 3 by municipal police.
More like this:
- Recent big Border Patrol busts of Mexican drugs — Nov. 21, 2013
- Border agents make big seizure at Otay Mesa — Aug. 27, 2013
- Border agents seize millions in narcotics at San Ysidro and Otay Mesa port of entries — July 8, 2013
- Over 7.5 tons of marijuana seized in Tijuana — Feb. 25, 2013
- Big border busts — Dec. 12, 2012