Matt Potter 5 p.m., June 28
Medi-Pot Proponents to Host Filner Fundraiser
The Patient Care Association of California, a group of marijuana collectives and cooperatives formed in mid-2011 to combat the medical marijuana ordinance passed by the City of San Diego, is promoting a fund raiser in support of Bob Filner’s mayoral campaign.
Scheduled for April 6 in Coronado, a promotional flyer for the event sent out by e-mail suggests a $50 donation at the door, though an attached pledge form encourages donations ranging from $100 to $1,000.
A request for comment and further info from Patient Care Association went unanswered.
More like this:
- Medical marijuana proponents petition for removal of US Attorney Duffy — Feb. 28, 2013
- New proposal from Mayor's Office opens commercial areas to medical marijuana dispensaries — Feb. 20, 2013
- Mayor Filner backtracks on enforcement of medical marijuana dispensaries — Jan. 29, 2013
- Reader publisher makes in-kind advertising contribution to medical marijuana campaign — Nov. 3, 2012
- Legitimacy of new pro-DeMaio LGBT political committee questioned — Oct. 12, 2012