9 p.m., June 28
Additional Details on Romney's La Jolla Mansion
Today, Politico unearthed additional details on the proposed renovations to Mitt Romney's mansion in La Jolla.
Amenities at the beach house on Dunemere Drive include a swimming pool, an outdoor water feature, a two-story four-car garage equipped with a car-lift to shuffle the vehicles around, as well as a 3,600 square-foot basement.
Politico also dug up financial records that show Romney paid $21,500 to San Diego Attorney Matthew A. Peterson to lobby city officials for approval of city permits. That figure does not include the $1,000 paid to La Jolla Island Architects for help in obtaining a coastal development permit, which Matt Potter first reported in a December 2010 column.
Specific details on the renovation, including architectural renderings, were withheld after requests were made by the U.S. Secret Service and the Romney campaign.
More like this:
- Romney's La Jolla teardown not priceless — Sept. 1, 2014
- Mitt Romney moves forward on massive renovation of La Jolla home — Feb. 4, 2013
- Mitt Romney's pal and financial backer John Miller proceeds with overhaul of La Jolla home — Nov. 2, 2012
- Mitt Romney's Son: Dad's La Jolla House Is "Pretty Small" — April 4, 2012
- Mitt Romney's La Jolla Ties Attract Increasing Notice — June 17, 2011