Various Authors 6 a.m., May 29
DA Asks for Witnesses to Step Forward
The DA’s office has asked that anyone who may have witnessed lewd acts or a scuffle at the Del Mar fairgrounds two months ago to please contact investigators.
Prosecutor Tracy Prior has charged two persons with lewd acts and battery, for incidents that allegedly occurred during and soon after the 5 p.m. performance of the Cirque du Soleil show on May 27, 2012.
A man and woman are accused of committing lewd acts in public, both during an intermission in the show and then again during the circus entertainment, in the audience area, that Sunday afternoon. When a woman seated nearby complained to the couple, she said she was first threatened and then attacked while she was leaving, near an exit.
Prosecutor Tracy Prior said one man with his two small children went to the effort to move his sons away from the offensive behavior during the show, and then contacted the alleged victim after the physical assault to offer assistance.
Investigators say they would like to talk with that man, or anyone else who may have witnessed the alleged incidents. Persons are invited to phone District Attorney's investigator Sandi Sharp on her direct line at 760-806-4064.
More like this:
- Jury: female Border Patrol agent guilty of battery — Feb. 11, 2013
- Border Patrol agents may testify — Feb. 6, 2013
- Jury selection began for two California Border Patrol agents — Jan. 31, 2013
- Trial date set for two Border Patrol agents in California — Jan. 14, 2013
- Woman Said Border Patrol Agent “Sucker Punched Me” — Aug. 8, 2012