Local Tourism Keeps Rising
San Diego hotel occupancy through August continues to pick up, according to the latest data from Smith Travel Research. Year-to-date through August, occupancy at local lodging places was 71.5%, up from 69.1% for the same period last year. However, San Diego's occupancy rate trails the 79.2% of San Francisco, 73.5% of Los Angeles, and 73.3% of Orange County. San Diego's average room rate of $128.12 trails San Francisco's $149.58, but tops LA's $124.19 and Orange County's $114.67. "August of 2011 was a good month for most of the California major markets," says La Jolla hotel guru Jerry Morrison.
More like this:
- Good news for San Diego hotels — May 27, 2014
- Hotel business slumps in January — Feb. 28, 2014
- SD hotel business up, but lagging coastal California cities — Sept. 23, 2013
- San Diego hotel business lagging coast rivals — July 24, 2013
- San Diego tourism lags other California coast metros — May 23, 2013