Walter Mencken 11 a.m., Oct. 19
San Diego Music Thing 2013 Wraps Up for 2013 - Daytime Photos.
A photo blog of some of the daytime events at San Diego Music Thing 2013
The 6th Annual San Diego Music Thing took place September 13 and 14th at the Sheraton Hotel, Mission Valley. The first year away from the events previous home, the Lafayette Hotel in North Park, saw hundreds of musicians and industry types gather for daytime workshops on the music biz, with speakers including Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon and MXPX frontman Mike Herrera. Nighttime was devoted to concerts throughout the city, with 150 bands on 16 stages over its two days. In addition to shows at area venues including the Casbah, Bar Pink and the Griffin, there was a block party at Ohio Street and University Avenue, featuring Dead Feather Moon, Unwritten Law and The Silent Comedy.
More like this:
- Origins: James Cameron's Piranha Part 2: The Spawning — Sept. 30, 2013
- Name That Logo: Deluxe Warner Bros. Edition — Sept. 19, 2013
- Feast! Pier-end party people chow down — Sept. 6, 2013
- Indie Fest 8 - August 17, Craig Yerkes Stage Daytime Round Up with photos — Aug. 18, 2013
- Con-Dor science fiction/fantasy convention photo report — March 9, 2013