Batwings Flap New Lineup
San Diego via El Centro screamers Batwings will be debuting their new line up at the Ruby Room on May 20. Singer/keys/bassist Robbie Lopez left the band and is currently making music with Boo Report, Cub and Pony, and Giraffe Ears. Bass duties are being resumed by guitarist Larry Stage's brother Scott (SnailS!) and Mexicali native Carlos Quintero (Lipstick Terror, Chrome Eye) has joined on vocals.
The Ruby Room show will also be the premiere of guitar/vox Bryan Oczkowski's Pure Data Machine, a homemade noise generator which runs off Pure Data, an open source visual programming language created by UCSD professor Miller Puckett. (EDIT: It turns out this is a lie. The PDM will rear its head in a few months.)
The band expects to release an album, recorded at UCSD's Conrad Prebys Music Center, in the next few months.
6/03 @ Monaco Beer Club. Mexicali, BC, Mexico w/ Maniqui Lazer, Therapist
More like this:
- Mexicali weirdpunk: Maniqui Lazer and Batwings at The Office — Feb. 22, 2013
- Slug & Tug: art/music of Tijuana and Mexicali in Normal Heights — Dec. 28, 2012
- Hosanna and Noise Beat Propaganda at Culture Beat, Ensenada — Aug. 14, 2011
- Batwings Catwings, Maniqui Lazer, Therapist, Noise Beat Propaganda @ Bar Monaco, Mexicali — July 23, 2011
- Maniqui Lazer, Batwings, Hot Nerds, THErapist @ Bar Monaco, Mexicali — June 6, 2011