San Diego Hotel Occupancy Down 6.7 Percent in October; Some Other Markets Worse
San Diego hotel occupancy dropped 6.7 percent in October, according to Smith Travel Research. Los Angeles was down 9.2 percent and San Francisco down 5.2 percent. However, the November 16-22 week jumped. San Diego occupancy was up 5.7 percent. But that was less than the U.S.A., up 17 percent. LA was up 13,.9 percent and San Francisco was up 14.9 percent that week. "It was an unusual week," says La Jolla hotel guru Jerry Morrison. "It will be interesting to see the impact on November."
More like this:
- Local hotel business will lag state through next year — Nov. 27, 2013
- Tourism up...sort of — Nov. 27, 2012
- San Diego's Hotel Business among Nation's Worst — June 23, 2009
- San Diego Home Prices Down 38 Percent from Peak Three Years Ago — Jan. 27, 2009
- San Diego tourism weakens — Oct. 22, 2008