Ed Bedford 5 p.m., Oct. 18
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Toddler Killed Under Tractor; Internet Café and a Gas Station Robbed
Toddler Killed Under Tractor (La Cronica, 10/19/12 by Carmina Ortiz lcortiz)
MEXICALI, BC - A minor went under the wheels of the tractor due to the carelessness of parents, so the driver of the vehicle did not notice and was not found responsible for the accident. The man who ran over the child, a year and seven months of age, in Pacific Ejido yesterday morning, was acquitted following a survey carried out by the Municipal Public Security Department showed as a result that the parents were responsible.
"The result of a survey indicated the parents of the minor are to blame, since they should be responsible for the care of their children", said Juan Carlos Buenrostro, Director of preliminary investigations in Mexicali, Attorney General of Justice of the State.
The parents of the deceased filed no complaint, since the company that owns the vehicle paid the funeral expense. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/19102012/631926.aspx
Internet Café and a Gas Station Robbed (La Cronica, 10/19/12)
MEXICALI, BC – A thief who violently robbed an Internet cafe operated in fractionation Valle de Puebla and Ángeles de Puebla, were arrested by members of the Municipal police, after a series of operations deployed in the city.
The "Mike" Internet Cafe, located in Mosaico y la calle Tlatoyos in fraccionamiento Valle de Puebla was targeted. Police arrested a man after having committed a robbery with violence. Derived from this intervention, a 26-year-old man was arrested.
The victim reported to the police they were closing the establishment when the aggressor took him by the neck and threatened him. The thief took 200 pesos ($16 US) and a cell phone, and then fled. The police carried out an operation and managed to arrest the thief.
Also, at 11:30 PM, another robbery with violence happened against employees at an Oxxo self-service station, located at avenida Cascada de las Balsas and la calle Rosa del Desierto in Colonia Ángeles de Puebla. In this case, a 28-year-old man was detained. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/19102012/632022.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Possible New Ricketts Case Reported; BC Generated 27,000 Formal Jobs in 2012; Teachers Obtain Geography Training; Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla Primary School Receives Computer Equipment — Jan. 30, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Citizens Group Brings Food to Those With Less; Couple Injured in Rollover Accident — Dec. 23, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Arrest Numbers Posted; Car Thieves Arrested — Dec. 10, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Mechanical Failure Causes Crash; 1.5 Million Tires Recycled — Dec. 10, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Woman Injured Attempting to Illegally Enter U.S.; Elderly Sex Abuser Arrested — Oct. 20, 2012