- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Sempra to Install 50 Wind Energy Towers in Tecate; Travelers Scales are Without Irregularities
Sempra to Install 50 Wind Energy Towers in Tecate (Uniradio Informa, 12/28/12)
MEXICALI, BC - Next year, the transnational company Sempra Energy will begin to install 50 wind power generation towers in the municipality of Tecate, reported the Mayor of this demarcation, Javier Urbalejo Cinco.The mayor said the infrastructure of clean energy will be a trigger for the economy of the municipality because it will allow savings in the payment of public lighting.
He said the project to install “50 towers at our home, we are talking about a seeding, I can dare say of thousands of wind turbines, but these 50 will be the first phase of the company's investment". He added some federal permission is still needed, but we are talking about months, we're talking about that in 2013 they would start to install".
Also, there are other companies interested in the installation of wind towers, primarily in La Rumorosa and the area known as Jacumé, which are areas that can best generate wind energy, concluded the Mayor. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/bajacalifornia/articulo166157.html
Travelers Scales are Without Irregularities (Uniradio Informa, 12/28/12)
TIJUANA, BC - Despite constant complaints from users of foreign land and air transport services for additional and excessive charges to their passengers for the handling of their luggage, PROFECO authorities have inspected scales and the behavior of companies without finding irregularities, said the head of the Department's Verification and Monitoring Unit of the Federal Agency, Miguel Angel Alcala.
Before checking the correct calibration of scales, he explained that in general the number of complaints during the holiday season increases by 20%, although a large percentage of them are due to additional charges for excess baggage allowance and many travelers end up paying more for luggage than their tickets.
"We have checked the scales because we have people who reported they pay 400 pesos for a ticket and for their luggage weight pay 800 pesos. The important thing is to give check their own luggage weight so they don't pay more. We always do inspections, make correct calibrations and have not found a problem. In what is the responsibility of commercial carriers, we have not found to be expired, therefore we urge society to check the dates of expiration", he said. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/tijuana/articulo166196.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Below Zero Temperatures Predicted; Corpses Found in Different Areas of Tijuana — Jan. 9, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: More than 6,300 Pupils Return to Classes; Bus Company Denies Invading Routes — Jan. 7, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: State 2012 Weapon Donation Campaign Concludes; Wind Power Generators will be Built in La Rumorosa — Jan. 3, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Kumeyaay Reserve in Tecate Invaded while City is Unaware of Situation; Clandestine Rocket Sales Targeted — Dec. 25, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: 4 Students Saved from Heatstroke; 6000 New Jobs in Tijuana — Sept. 13, 2012