Eve Kelly 1 p.m., Sept. 20
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: State 2012 Weapon Donation Campaign Concludes; Wind Power Generators will be Built in La Rumorosa
State 2012 Weapon Donation Campaign Concludes (Uniradio Informa, 1/3/13)
Tijuana, BC - With 433 weapons donated, the so-called "State 2012 Weapon Donation Campaign" closed Thursday morning, said the leader of the Municipal Secretariat of Public Security (SSPM), Alberto Capella.
He said a total of 220 long guns and 17 explosive devices were collected. Each of the weapons was exchanged for pantry item vouchers for the amount of 1,500 pesos ($117 US). The event was held at Parque 18 de Marzo in colonia Morelos in delegación San Antonio de Los Buenos. It was attended by authorities from the three levels of Government, as well as representatives of Bajacalifornia society. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/bajacalifornia/articulo166881.html
Wind Power Generators will be Built in La Rumorosa (Uniradio Informa, 1/3/13)
TECATE, BC - The Municipal Government of Tecate expects to receive direct benefits from two wind energy parks that companies will eventually build in La Rumorosa this year, said the Municipal Chairman, Javier Urbalejo.
He indicated one is the Cannon Power Group that will make direct contributions of street lighting in the urban zone comprised of more than 6,000 luminaries; that construction will begin mid-year. "A part of the work has not yet have its assessments estimated; technical specifications are being determined", he commented.
The second company is Sempra Energy that pledged contributions for Tecate. "We want them to come as they have been very responsible with Tecate, paying their taxes as they should. This was a request that I supported at the beginning of the Administration; the discounts and incentives will make paybacks for the city."
Urbajelo Cinco, expressed that there will be a bulb replacement program. "We have all kinds of 'wattage', a diversity of lamps; one of the projects ahead will save by changing luminaries them; apart from that we must mention energy savings from the newer light fixtures," he said. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/bajacalifornia/articulo166753.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: BC Tourist Destinations Promoted in USA; Left Without Light; CFE Eliminates "Diablitos" — Jan. 13, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Below Zero Temperatures Predicted; Corpses Found in Different Areas of Tijuana — Jan. 9, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: More than 6,300 Pupils Return to Classes; Bus Company Denies Invading Routes — Jan. 7, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: BC Relies on Agencies who Work with Migrants; Zero Tolerance for Drunk Drivers during New Year Celebrations — Dec. 31, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Sempra to Install 50 Wind Energy Towers in Tecate; Travelers Scales are Without Irregularities — Dec. 28, 2012