- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Border News Translations: 2 Shot; Whooping Cough
TIJUANA BC (Tijuana Press, Daniel Angel, 5/25/11) Two women were shot with a firearm this morning while they were in a van in fraccionamiento Lomas Virreyes, at the start of the Tecate free road. According to witnesses, the two women would have come from a nursery close to where the incident occurred, and how a compact car prevented their passage and were fired at by a crew. The woman who rode in the passenger seat was wounded but not seriously, according to official sources. The driver lost her life. On avenida Lomas Virreyes all that is visible is gauze with blood and pieces of glass from the car. When the experts were removing the body Ministerial officers accompanying them stopped a car carrying young people, but following a review let them continue on their way.
TIJUANA BC (Tijuana Press, Daniel Angel, 5/24/11) Cases of measles and whooping cough are registering in the neighboring State of the North, the Secretary of Health in the State, José Guadalupe Bustamante insisted that there have not been any cases of these diseases in BC State. He reiterated that measles was eradicated more than 20 years ago, and the last case of whooping cough presented last year was an infant. This last condition is not eradicated but controlled. It was stated that by press reports in San Diego have recorded 200 cases of whooping cough and 3 deaths, while measles cases accounted for 11 cases. He said that although there is a risk among those who are deported, a child who is not vaccinated is precisely the only tool there is to control the disease from this side of the border. "We vaccinate or try to treat the disease, therefore they must be vaccinated and I am going to their bus or car, to the children up in the most distant colonies or in rural areas", said the secretary in charge of health.
More like this:
- Whoop! There it isn't? — Jan. 5, 2015
- Baja & Border News Translations: Xolos visit General Hospital; USA Consulate in Tijuana closed for holiday; Collective marriage in Tijuana — Feb. 15, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: 3 Deaths Suspected from the Cold Weather; HIV/AIDS is “Controlled Epidemic” in BC — Jan. 17, 2013
- Border News: OK to Eat the Meat; FBI Training; Mother Arrested — June 14, 2011
- Border News Translations: New Priests Wanted; Kidney Disease Up — May 13, 2011